Sign in to follow this  

Washington Riding at the old Tacoma Airport

My friend is into editing videos and he put this 2 min video together of us riding :smirk: at the airport earlier today.

BTW he only had to 5 minutes of footage to work with.:smirk:

i raced a national championship bicycle event out there a few years ago (got 8th, btw). It rained the whole time I was in seattle.

i raced a national championship bicycle event out there a few years ago (got 8th, btw). It rained the whole time I was in Seattle.

Just another day in paradise. :smirk:

Nice Video! , where do you guys get in at? They have most of it fenced off. I use to ride there all the time!

I have a few videos from the airport myself. www.youtube.com/rm125xxx Check em out!

Nice Vids! Ill PM u how

Edited by Bootsandrew

Nice Vids! We got in between the fish co and the st vincents de paul on 56th just go down to the end of the gravel road and someone cut a hole in the fence. But we have been back there 6or 7 times since the fence came up and no one gave us any trouble.

should hook up sometime. I live 10 minutes away . Send me a pm next time your thinking of going out. Been lookin for more guys to ride with.

Nice Video! , where do you guys get in at? They have most of it fenced off. I use to ride there all the time!

I have a few videos from the airport myself. www.youtube.com/rm125xxx Check em out!

"I just got out of prison!"

Slipping through a hole in fence seems pretty sketchy. What do the signs on the fence say? Do they list a company or org that owns the area? I'd like to give them a call and get the real low down... Promise I wont mention the convenient hole cut in the fence. I used to ride down there prior to the fence going up, I'd really like to be able to ride there again!

A couple of weeks ago I parked at Marry's Pistols and walked down over the hill. Same place where the "I just got out of prison" guy was. What a trash hole! When I was walking through the place I imagined that, "this is what armegedon looks like"... erie for sure, I was sure I was going to have to throw down with some transient zombie bum!

Could someone please post if this is a legal/allowed riding area? I really would love to find a place within an hour of Seattle. But only interested if the property owner is okay with it.

So , I believe its owned by burlington northern/santa fe railroad co. Or use to be. It is not legal to ride there. At the same time , the cops do not enforce it, They usually shrug us off. We've seen them back there plenty of times. They're more worried about the trash dumping , drugs , and bums.

It was a cool place to ride awhile back , since they finished the fence around the entire property i havent been back

Could someone please post if this is a legal/allowed riding area? I really would love to find a place within an hour of Seattle. But only interested if the property owner is okay with it.

Tahuya Forest is within an hour-ish. Plenty of riding there.