Be sure to inspect your 2011 frames

This happened to a 2011 bike this Sunday:

husky2011.jpg

Small jump, frame broke in half on landing. Be careful not to hurt yourself guys. This guy was ok considering the severity of the damage.

Photos of this same bike are posted on several sites. I havent heard of any others doing this. Not to say it couldnt but I am not scared yet.

Photos of this same bike are posted on several sites. I havent heard of any others doing this. Not to say it couldnt but I am not scared yet.

I hope there is no need to be scared, and I don´t know how this guy takes care of his things. I´m just glad he wasn´t in my moto.

But a routine frame inspection for cracks or chipped paint might be in order. Stay safe guys:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip there DK... gotta be more to the story, but maybe not. I will keep an eye out on my 150...

Looks like a recall might be in order....

Nobody knows how he may have weakened or damaged the frame in prior wrecks. I expect the "small jump" was just the end result of a prior casing or the over jumping of a big jump? Still one would think it would require a really catastrophic wreck to break a modern frame. The last frames I broke were on Hodaka Combat Wombats!

yeah, like I said... who knows? But, I will look at the frame with a little more attention.

:smirk:

Hey I also broke something while riding a Combat Wombat. My Hand !

Nobody knows how he may have weakened or damaged the frame in prior wrecks. I expect the "small jump" was just the end result of a prior casing or the over jumping of a big jump? Still one would think it would require a really catastrophic wreck to break a modern frame. The last frames I broke were on Hodaka Combat Wombats!

Yep, You can never guess what might be the story behind a pick like this is ... It really just gives a rider a reason to check his bike over ...

can you get something like this from using you enduro bike for some mx around the track for a moderate time????

Don't worry. Ride. very rare. inspect frame for cracks if worried.

Dwight,

How is the hand healing? Hope you can get back out there sooner than later.

That Husky looks "well" maintained.:ride:

That Husky looks "well" maintained.:lol:

NOT ! :lol::ride:

Dwight,

How is the hand healing? Hope you can get back out there sooner than later.

I go see the Doc on Monday , June 13. I hope he will take it off & put me in a brace for a couple weeks. Still planning on Jackpine !

I heard yesterday that a friend of mine´s dad had walked over and looked at the bike a bit more closely. He said the crack´s surface had different colors.

The crack had been forming and spreading for some time, as the material was oxidized in some parts and freshly broken in others.

The guy owning the bike could probably have spotted the forming crack if he had payed a bit more attention.

There must have been some chipped paint or something to catch it by.

But still, a 2011 bike that breaks in half must be a matter of some concern to people owning the same model.

how can you say from a pic like this one if is maintained well or not?

You cant, and how a guy keeps up on his air filter and oil changes has nothing to do with a frame breaking in half. The fact that the crack opened up some time ago is still a bummer and you cant blame the rider. Look in your owners manual, what is the recomended interval for checking your frame broken welds and cracked downtubes? I go over mine every washing but thats only because of the history husky has with the broken frames in 09' that caused every singe CR125 to be recalled. Never checked the frame on the last couple bikes i rode.

All the zip ties on the rear fender for starters.:ride:

Making any correlation to the maintenance of the bike and a frame downtube CRACKING IN HALF is absolutely absurd.

There are ZERO valid excuses for a modern frame to fail if it has not been compromised. However, a seemingly harmless impact can compromise a frame. It could start as a deep scratch from a footpeg during a crash, etc. If this is an isolated incident and noone else breaks or finds cracks, I think it's pretty safe to assume that that frame got compromised, leading to failure.

Edited by 36MotoMarc
to correct r-tarded spelling