Sign in to follow this  

Damn, I love my "Triple Sport"!

For over 3 years I have been riding my 650L to work and back, and on the weekends going to my local off-road park to try to kill myself. That's what I thought "dual sport" meant... commuting and off-roading.

This weekend I rode it 16 miles each way to Brown Mountain ORV park - two lane highway all the way. Once I arrived at the park, I spent a couple of hours dodging trees and rocks, slipping in mud and on loose sand, hitting jumps, crossing streams, and trying not to drive off the side of the mountain. Then I rode it back home.

So, that's what I always thought a dual sport was for: A means of commuting and off-road playing.

Well, Monday was hot. 95 degrees hot with equal humidity. My kids were in school (make-up days) and my wife was shopping. I had to do something. I hopped on my bike and headed to the cooler temps of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It was going to be just a short ride to cool off but I ended up cruising for about 75 miles. I hadn't done that since I sold my last Harley. I had my iPod blasting my favorite motorcycle tunes and just cruised. I never really thought of my bike as a "cruiser", but now I have three options: commuting, off-roading, and cruising.

It just doesn't get any better than that.:smirk:

prpv.dll?photo?s=0&i=04RK01DX030043&p=

You? Naw, that's not a 2000, is it, and probably too clean...

This is the only Monday shot of an XRL over at Killboy.

Dave

Edited by XR650L_Dave

prpv.dll?photo?s=0&i=04RK01DX030043&p=

You? Naw, that's not a 2000, is it, and probably too clean...

This is the only Monday shot of an XRL over at Killboy.

Dave

Definitely not me - way too clean!

Aren't those Killboy photos from Hwy 129 "the Dragon" ?

I rode on the "Dragon" and the BRP weekend before last on my 650L and had a great time

....except for the part where I rode the three hour ride home in the rain :smirk:

http://www.129pix.net/jps/store.jsp?act=viewimage&iid=300103971305362568

store.jsp?act=viewimage&iid=300103971305362568

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=94406

Both of those roads are great....but my favorite was Parsons Branch, it is one way and it connects the Cades Cove area of the Smokies to Hwy 129.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=94403

Michael

Today i was very proud of my BRP.

Was cruising down rt 40 by where i live, and i decide to check out and old pit i used to ride at. Get back there and theres a bunch of kids on 125s, and a few other bikes.

Laughing at my Cadillac of a bike, they stated its useless for off road trailing. :smirk:

i beat 2 cr 125s and a kx 100 in a hare scramble. :smirk:

Never under estimate the Pig.