Sign in to follow this  

What to do?

I recently suffered an injury to my leg, had surgery and I'm out for season. A friend of mine cleaned my bike and changed my oil. Do I need to treat my fuel? I can't start the bike since I'm off my feet. The bike has been sitting for a little over a month since last started. The bike is a fuel injected RMZ 450. Thanks for help.

How long are you off the bike? If it's going to be as long as it sounds, just drain the fuel and let it run dry.

I will be off of it most likely till Oct. I didn't think it was good to run a fuel injected bike dry.

If you will be riding this year, I think it would be ok to treat the gas and I would do that. If you think it will be next year, treat and run a little then drain it until next ride.

If you will be riding this year, I think it would be ok to treat the gas and I would do that. If you think it will be next year, treat and run a little then drain it until next ride.

Sounds good. I hope I will be on it again this year but lets see how my rehab goes. If I drain the gas, do I need to prime the injectors, I always thought even with a car that you dont want to go dry with fuel injection. Any suggestion on fuel treatment, one vs. another. Thanks

If you drain, just drain the tank to remove the gas from the tank. I would look for a treatment for enthenol based gas because it will keep the eth mixed in from going bad.