Sign in to follow this  

Crf250r V.S Kx250F

Crf250r V.S Kx250F

I am looking to buy a new bike and considering these 2 options.

I will mostly be riding on trails but would like to eventually try the track just for FUN not competition or anything. What adjustment can be made to make this a bit more trail rated bike? What years should I stay away from and how much is to much to spend on a used bike.

Thank you appreciate your opinion

Crf250r V.S Kx250F

I am looking to buy a new bike and considering these 2 options.

I will mostly be riding on trails but would like to eventually try the track just for FUN not competition or anything. What adjustment can be made to make this a bit more trail rated bike? What years should I stay away from and how much is to much to spend on a used bike.

Thank you appreciate your opinion

If you are mostly riding trails, you might want to consider a 2 stroke, maybe a KTM. I don't do woods riding myself, but I have friends who are big into it and would take a 2 stroke over a four any day of the weak. Don't get me wrong, I own a 4 stroke and love it for MX but I'm just passing on what most woods riders say.

unless you are riding MX, stay away from an MX bike for trail riding, get a trail specific bike like the CRF-X, KTM XC, etc

i tried a 2 stroke and did not like it. i had a ktm 200 sx. Did not work out for me so i sold it. and got a klx 30r. whats wrong with having a mx bike and setting it up for trail? i see a lot of people do that.

i tried a 2 stroke and did not like it. i had a ktm 200 sx. Did not work out for me so i sold it. and got a klx 30r. whats wrong with having a mx bike and setting it up for trail? i see a lot of people do that.

You can set it up for that, but it can get expensive. Four stroke mx bikes tend to overheat faster then a bike made for woods riding/racing. Maybe some guys that race in the woods or anybody that does that kind of riding can give you better advise then I can.

They are far more tiring. The power isn't delivered in the same way as a trail bike. Trail bikes are for trails, and MX bikes are for the track.