Sign in to follow this  

2001 KTM200 fork seals???

My 200 is leaking a good amount of fluid from the bottom of the forks. I purchased new seals but have no idea how to get started ( I am a n00bie when it comes to things like this). I do not have a manual, just the user manual that came with the bike. Are these forks just like all of the other brands out there, a guy up the street from me has rebuild a bunch of Yamaha forks but he says these are different? What fluid do you use and how much? I looked for a manual but couldn't find one, any links?

sorry for all of the questions...

You said leaks from "bottom". You mean the actual bottom, down by the axle, where the clicker is? If so, regular fork seals are not you problem. I had that problem - an o-ring or something, I forget. My suspension guy TF Racing, fixed it.

As for Fork Seals: See several good videos on You Tube.

You said leaks from "bottom". You mean the actual bottom, down by the axle, where the clicker is? If so, regular fork seals are not you problem. I had that problem - an o-ring or something, I forget. My suspension guy TF Racing, fixed it.

As for Fork Seals: See several good videos on You Tube.

sorry, it is coming from the seals, not the bottom of the fork. bad description on my part.