An ATV bashing thread

ATV riders - we all know they pretty much ruined off-roading for most of us dirtbikers, and for good reason. Bad enough it allows unskilled 'tards in the woods, not to mention that nobody wants their property beat up, trees run over, etc.

I was at my camp property for the long weekend - I have a decent chunk of land off of a class VI road with a long gravel driveway. My drive is the last on our road, and the road turns into a woods trail beyond my drive. The wife and I went out for dinner at a local quasi-biker bar to listen to their house blues bands. It was a good time for a couple of hours, but when we got back, I found an ATV had turfed up my newly dressed driveway. The meatball left a good sweeping-turn rut at the bottom of the drive, one going each direction at the barn drive (those were disturbingly deep), and one pulling back down from up near the house. My wife put it nicely, "Well, the nerve of some people." It's an easy mistake to run up the drive, what with all of the class VI roads around (and you can't see the house from the entrance), even though the manicured strip of grass beside the drive should be enough of a clue that it is a driveway and not a road. OTOH, we are talking about ATV riders. BUT, once somebody realizes that they are running around a residence, you'd at least think they would get out of there leaving as little evidence as possible. A dirtbiker would, anyway.

I'm guessing I have to put up even more new signs - the sole "private property" sign at the bottom of the drive isn't enough, I guess. I'm thinking something like, "NO TRESPASSING. Violators will be shot, except ATV riders, who will be used for building a Human Centipede."

JayC

I went riding at Mines and Meadows in PA 2 days ago. It is an ATV park that allows dirt bikes. Me and my 9 year old were going through the trails and my kid fell on his little 65. By the time I realized he wasn't behind me, turned around, and came back (maybe 1 minute at most) the quad riders behind us (I didn't know they were there) had my kids bike picked up out of the mud, started for him, and pushing him through the mud hole.

He fell a few other times and quad riders always stopped and asked if he was alright and if we needed anything.

But I wouldn't want to rain on the atv bashers, so please continue to bash away...

A dirtbiker would, anyway.

JayC

A responsible one perhaps. There are clowns in every group. I see just as many idiots on two wheels this year as I do on four. Can't say that was the case the last few years, but for some reason it seems that this is the new normal.

If my experience this past Spring in the Okanagan is any indicator of things to come, our available riding areas are going to become much more restricted. :smirk:

I rode bikes for years as a kid until I was about 25 then raced cross country ATV for a few years, now back to bikes. I have seen good and bad in both groups,it's not the rig it's the idiot on it. I've seen bikes roost through camp sites, I've seen quads doing the same. But I've seen bikes ask if help was needed and quads pulling bikes back to camp out of gas. I like both toys and don't hold them responsible for the oxygen deprived brain sitting on it.

Do side x sides count as quad 4 wheeler retard chariot because in my IMO those are the d- bags not all but most! They run all over the mountains like knowbody else is arOund trying be the next ken block they tear shit up heart innocent people and usually the 16 year old driver too

I made the mistake of letting friends ride thier quads in our beautiful woods back in 2007. They messed the place up so bad its still causing erosion problems on our hills and corners.

Obviously there is idiots on bikes too, but it seems like people on quads are worse. I think the worst quad riders are some of the hunters on quads (not making statements about all hunters) who get drunk and start running over trees because the trail is too small for their obnoxious quads. I have also seen a few donuts in the staging area.

I was riding the other day up in the hills and a quad rider came around a corner hauling a$$ and plowed into me. I went over the bars got a broken wrist and smashed my new pipe.:smirk: He walked away unharmed.

There's equal parts in all groups of machines, so don't go hatin' on ATV riders because of one clowns arrogance.

He'd probably act the same way on a bike. Once a clown always a clown...

It's the horses that really tear the trails up, yeah there's no pollution, no noise and they seem to be the better side of horsepower, but i hate em. Not to try and rip on horse riders, they are definitly great animals, they just need to stay off my freaking trails.

I could go on for days about this stuff.

i was out riding one day with about 20 other bikes at our local track. Some goon on trx450r came out and rolled every jump and blew through the turns taking out every berm on the track. The he thought it would make him look cool if he did doughnuts on the start straight. Quadtarded.

As earlier posters have brought up, there are ignorent people in every "hobby". But this has been something I have been wondering about due to all of the land closures taking place. In the mountains where I ride, technically most of it is illegal due to being leased by logging companys. But there are trails and hillclimbs that have only been ridden by dirtbikes, and after the snow melts you can hardly see where the trail is (no erosion also). But trails that have been discovered by quads are bare dirt, 6ft wide and have signs of massive erosion when spring and summer come around. Its seems that this should be recognized and used as a tool to keep areas open only for dirtbikes.

ATV riders - we all know they pretty much ruined off-roading for most of us dirtbikers, and for good reason. Bad enough it allows unskilled 'tards in the woods, not to mention that nobody wants their property beat up, trees run over, etc.

I was at my camp property for the long weekend - I have a decent chunk of land off of a class VI road with a long gravel driveway. My drive is the last on our road, and the road turns into a woods trail beyond my drive. The wife and I went out for dinner at a local quasi-biker bar to listen to their house blues bands. It was a good time for a couple of hours, but when we got back, I found an ATV had turfed up my newly dressed driveway. The meatball left a good sweeping-turn rut at the bottom of the drive, one going each direction at the barn drive (those were disturbingly deep), and one pulling back down from up near the house. My wife put it nicely, "Well, the nerve of some people." It's an easy mistake to run up the drive, what with all of the class VI roads around (and you can't see the house from the entrance), even though the manicured strip of grass beside the drive should be enough of a clue that it is a driveway and not a road. OTOH, we are talking about ATV riders. BUT, once somebody realizes that they are running around a residence, you'd at least think they would get out of there leaving as little evidence as possible. A dirtbiker would, anyway.

I'm guessing I have to put up even more new signs - the sole "private property" sign at the bottom of the drive isn't enough, I guess. I'm thinking something like, "NO TRESPASSING. Violators will be shot, except ATV riders, who will be used for building a Human Centipede."

JayC

:smirk::lol::lol:I stopped reading there. Yup, bikes don't destroy anything offroad:bonk: You obviously don't race anything offroad, GNCC, Harescrambles, Enduros, etc... If you did than you would know that we destroy plenty of shit. Great thread :smirk:

MAX!!!

I'm in the anti-quad crowd. Why? Because I have had too many run-ins with real "tards". Sure you can say there are just as many dumb-asses on motorcycles but I personally do not see it at Orv parks and public riding spots. The fact is that when quads first became popular the death of our sport of xc riding started.

I care nothing for these training wheeled motorized vehicles for people who cant ride a motorcycle for the reason of they can take a tight beautiful single track and turn it into a rutted jeep sized road overnight. Sure you could say I'm a quad racist and you would be correct in saying so.

I say burn them...burn them all!:smirk:

I'm in the anti-quad crowd. Why? Because I have had too many run-ins with real "tards". Sure you can say there are just as many dumb-asses on motorcycles but I personally do not see it at Orv parks and public riding spots. The fact is that when quads first became popular the death of our sport of xc riding started.

I care nothing for these training wheeled motorized vehicles for people who cant ride a motorcycle for the reason of they can take a tight beautiful single track and turn it into a rutted jeep sized road overnight. Sure you could say I'm a quad racist and you would be correct in saying so.

I say burn them...burn them all!:smirk:

I ride bikes and quads. Quads are more fun to me, because of the way they handle and ride (and for that matter, i like trikes even more). Bikes have gotten boring to me, and yes i know how to ride.

And since you're quad-cist, I'm bike-cist, and I hate seeing people on dangerous 2 wheelers. For petes sake, they can't even stay up on their own!!!!!!!

this is friggin retarded. i hate people who automaticly stereotype ATV riders as idiots who tear up the trails. if you got got a problem with ATV's then you can go jump off a bridge for all i care.

My problem with quads are that people can go fast on quads, even if they aren't good enough to go that fast... That can get dangerous for everyone.

when i crashed and almost lost my finger a man on a quad saw me, gave me a T3, and drove me to the hospital. jeez what a @$$hole!!! :smirk:

god this thread is stupid.

when i crashed and almost lost my finger a man on a quad saw me, gave me a T3, and drove me to the hospital. jeez what a @$$hole!!! :smirk:

god this thread is stupid.

whats a T3?

whats a T3?

tylonel 3. a prescription grade painkiller. i got a prescription for them after the incident.