Sign in to follow this  

Another DRZ400S Jetting Question

I have a 2004 DRZ400S with K&N, 3x3, and full Yosh exhaust. Previous owner installed DJ Stage 1 with 134 main and unknown pilot. Run good but lacks up top. What main do I need to run? Will the stock 142.5 work with the DJ needle and mods listed?

Thank you!!

What clip position are you running?

Try 160mj...

22.5 pilot jet with extended screw or 25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns fuel screw

and i'll do this again,,Click tab at the bottom that matches your set up

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AorcpqswS8hkdFI4V3dCSjgzbnVUTm1IQXlNam5nUXc&hl=en#gid=7

i would say 150 mj

Thank you, that spreadsheet is awesome!

Forgot to mention I am at sea level primarily with some trips to around 3000.

Well I put the stock main jet back in after riding with the 134, and there is way more top end now! I will order a 150 and give that a shot.

What clip position are you running?

Try 160mj...

22.5 pilot jet with extended screw or 25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns fuel screw

Not sure about the clip position but its the Dyno Jet needle and spring and I'm guessing it's in the 4th from top.

Question... Which pilot is stock? I forgot to check what was in there when I changed the main... doh!

Another question... Which screws are you referring to in your post?... I think I know what your talking about but its just a little unclear how it came across.

Not sure about the clip position but its the Dyno Jet needle and spring and I'm guessing it's in the 4th from top.

Question... Which pilot is stock? I forgot to check what was in there when I changed the main... doh!

Stock PJ is 22.5...clip 4 should be ok

I have the same mods and bike, the kit # dj 3109 which was installed by the dealer installed a 150m, clip 4 and left the stock 22.5 p. I changed to a 25p. I'm very happy with this set up. The dj kit # is important because the needle tappers are different. I've read some posts that suggested using a smaller main but it runs so good with not 1 complaint.