Sign in to follow this  

New 250f buy

my buddy wants a new bike. hes gotta 08 yzf 250 but he says he loves the feel of a brand new bike and wants to go f.i. We were looking towards the 350 but its so expensive. what new 250f would you go with?

kx hands down. More motor then the honda 250FI bikes, more durable motor. I have an 11 and love it. Hold out for the 12, some improvements witht he biggest being a second fuel injector for more over rev. Not to mention you can get kawi's for typically a grand less then any other 250f's. The suzuki's tranny's are suspect to say the least.

Another vote for the KX250F. Just picked up a brand new '11 over the weekend and I'm very impressed so far. I have no personal experience with durability, but from what I read/witnessed they are a very reliable motorcycle. Love my '11 so far, and they can be had for cheap if you can find a leftover. I paid $5800 out the door. :smirk:

Another vote for the KX250F. Just picked up a brand new '11 over the weekend and I'm very impressed so far. I have no personal experience with durability, but from what I read/witnessed they are a very reliable motorcycle. Love my '11 so far, and they can be had for cheap if you can find a leftover. I paid $5800 out the door. :smirk:

Fab up some sort of cover for that TPS, I had 4 practice hours on mine and two motos, and my boot caught the TPS in my third moto resulting in a DNF and was unable to run my fourth. Thats my only complaint about the bike.

Is it worth $2,500 more?

2500???? I paid 5600 OTD for my 11 kx250f FI. WIth the 12's hitting showroom floors in the next two months, im sure it will go down even more. Heck you can find them for 54-5500 depending on where you're located. Dealer in WV has them 5500 OTD.

2500???? I paid 5600 OTD for my 11 kx250f FI. WIth the 12's hitting showroom floors in the next two months, im sure it will go down even more. Heck you can find them for 54-5500 depending on where you're located. Dealer in WV has them 5500 OTD.

$1,000 is still mo money but it is a better bike.

kx hands down

The suzuki's tranny's are suspect to say the least.

here is another big ass load of BS!!!!! don't belive everything you read here on TT