09crf450 vs 11

Hey all Im about to buy either a used 09 or a left over 11 and would like your feedback from those of you that either have both or had both as well those that only have either..

All the problems and experiences with them along with the things that I will need to change, (clutches, etc.) minus suspension as thats a given unless its a used bike set up for my weight.

Ive done a lot of research online and in mags and people seem to either love them or hate em. the real only thing i have found is the 09 is 234.7 :worthy:wet and the 11 is 238 :banghead:wet.... which makes me like the 09 a little better for throwing around just dont want turning problems or fuel pump/injector issues.

Im 195 with gear

Intermediate class

had a 08 rmz450 sold it

been riding my yz250 and want another 450 as I miss the power and fun of riding them.

Thanks all ???

i have 2 09s. one is stock and the other is slightly modded. but i dont think you will be dissapointed. they have much more power than my buddies 08 rmz 450. i havent had problems with either so far and they have ALOT of hours on them. im sure the 11 is also an outstanding bike. ? but youll at least need to get a new chain. stock chains are junk and dont hold up to the power these bikes put out

Have you ridden a 10 or 11 after riding yours? Any thing stand out to u. If not anything about your 09's that you really love or dislike?

Thanks for your help just getting all the help and advice I can

He likes the handling of the 09, he never complained about the so called stinkbug effect. I put on the FC link on the rear and he hated it. I never tell my son what changes I make to the bike, I just do it and see if he notices. If its a good change it was money well spent, if its a bad change I lose out.

Have you ridden a 10 or 11 after riding yours? Any thing stand out to u. If not anything about your 09's that you really love or dislike?

Thanks for your help just getting all the help and advice I can

I have a friend that grew up racing in okie, but took a 5 year hiatus and started again last year. I'd say he has B class speed, and rides an '08 with the suspension revalved for him.

He rode my '10 when it was brand new, and loved everything about it compared to his bike. At that point, I hadn't touched the clickers, or set the sag. I haven't been riding long enough to recognize what I could adjust on the suspension to make it better for me, but I think it rides better than my '05 CRF250.

He knows bikes, and really liked mine in stock form. Hope that helps.

He likes the handling of the 09, he never complained about the so called stinkbug effect. I put on the FC link on the rear and he hated it. I never tell my son what changes I make to the bike, I just do it and see if he notices. If its a good change it was money well spent, if its a bad change I lose out.

I was wondering about those links but all I heard is that they help in one area and hurt in the rest of the stroke? I've found another company that makes the other part that the shock fits to.. Call me stupid I just don't know the name but I guess it helps thru the whole stroke.. I'll post a link when I find it on my desk top.

My son prefers the 2009 CRF450 over the 2011 CRF450. The 2009 has the EFI remapped and the suspension springs lightened. Still working on the 2011 suspension.

Who did your remapping? I read the top 10 things to do to the 09 crf450 by mxa mag and they said that remapping it didn't really help but a pipe was the best thing to do to help it up top. They said the injection engineering mod was amazing..

i have 2 09s. one is stock and the other is slightly modded. but i dont think you will be dissapointed. they have much more power than my buddies 08 rmz 450. i havent had problems with either so far and they have ALOT of hours on them. im sure the 11 is also an outstanding bike. :ride: but youll at least need to get a new chain. stock chains are junk and dont hold up to the power these bikes put out

Yea I have read that the clutch is a big problem? Did you have issues with them and what did you do to fix if so? Yea I change all my chains to non o ring 520 cuz of weight and robbing hp. I'm pretty sold on the 09' and I have found a smoking deal on a new one at a dealer or I have found some that are used and modded.. Just trying to figure out what to do.

The 2011's have a smaller throttle body and the EFI is significantly better. Not sure but would guess whatever you pay extra for the 2011 you'd get back when you sell the bike.

I like the stock 09 geometry over the 11, it just turns better. I have both bikes with their stock pipes and maps. I like better the 11's engine response at low rpm. It stalls less frequently too.

To make my 11 turn like my old 09 I pulled down the clamps in the forks almost 1cm. I'm going to have to move them back up alittle since I'm hitting the ground quite frequently with the bottom of the bike.

I like the stock 09 geometry over the 11, it just turns better. I have both bikes with their stock pipes and maps. I like better the 11's engine response at low rpm. It stalls less frequently too.

To make my 11 turn like my old 09 I pulled down the clamps in the forks almost 1cm. I'm going to have to move them back up alittle since I'm hitting the ground quite frequently with the bottom of the bike.

Well that's awesome to hear coming off a rmz that thing turned so amazing!!! I really miss that quality.

Well have any of you had problems with the decompression pin breaking and causing problems? On the 09's as that's another thing I found.

It's funny to me that K-dub still uses the 50mm tb on his 11's as I forgot why but there was some positive aspect.

Well that's awesome to hear coming off a rmz that thing turned so amazing!!! I really miss that quality.

Well have any of you had problems with the decompression pin breaking and causing problems? On the 09's as that's another thing I found.

It's funny to me that K-dub still uses the 50mm tb on his 11's as I forgot why but there was some positive aspect.

He said he liked the low end power better with the 50mm

My 09 had the decompression pin updated when I bought it new, no issues at all. All 09's out there should have it updated too

Finally found that link I was talking about earlier in the thread. I heard this from another member and will buy one myself once I get the bike all going.

I havent heard feed back from anyone I know personally but it may help with your handling issues.

Read about it

http://www.mergeracing.com/products/LinkageKnuckle.php

Let me know if you do get it or visa versa if I get it before you

I own a 2011 crf 450.

I rode a 2011 rmz 450 last week.

Bone Stock.

Don't make the same mistake I made.

$$$Buy The Suzuki!

Repeat..

$$$Buy The Suzuki!

Unless you prefer a bike that shakes and rattles like an earthquake..

I'm not gonna get a 11' I have found too many good 09's around so I think I'm pretty sold on the 09's. I really want a lite 450 bike and as you know the rmz's are tanks. If they made them 234 lbs n still could turn that good man it would be a complete package.

Tell me about what you really like n dislike about each bike.

Thanks

jgwakeup I ordered the recommendations that mxmat suggested from Merge Racing. I just hope they get here in time for Thunder Valley this weekend, otherwise we will race the 2009. Merge Racing were very helpful on the phone, better than FC.

jgwakeup I ordered the recommendations that mxmat suggested from Merge Racing. I just hope they get here in time for Thunder Valley this weekend, otherwise we will race the 2009. Merge Racing were very helpful on the phone, better than FC.

Let me know how it works out for you guys, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.