Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket pipe with stock silencer?

Does anyone run their bikes like this? it will be just for now until i get enough money for both

I have a DEP enduro front pipe and a stock silencer, my bike is a special edition from suzuki GB and came that way from new.

Silencers usually make little difference in power output. Sometimes a spark arrester silencer may require a little rejetting. Keep the stock silencer and save your money for something that WILL make a difference in performance (e.g., new tires).

If you want to sale the stock one I may take it off your hands I have the FMF shorty and it's a little loud for my taste.

There is a correlation between shorty and a little loud. From my understanding shortys are great for MX while the longer FMF silencer is better for off road or anyone looking for a lower db product.

ok thanks everyone i figured it would be fine, now another question for you guys...i'm debating between fmf or pro circuit, which one do you think will give me the most bottom to mid range power out of my rm 125? i mostly ride woods so i want a little more bottom end if possible.

If you want to sale the stock one I may take it off your hands I have the FMF shorty and it's a little loud for my taste.

Sorry man, I need something a little quieter where i ride so i'm going to keep the stock one for now. Thanks though.

FMF makes three pipes (head pipes) that make three dif kings of power. The Gnarly makes great low end grunt and notmuch else, the SST is crap on RM 250's and makes them detonate (all ive ever heard) and the Fatty gives the best power spread over the rpm range. I use the stock silencer with a Fatty head pipe and the bike rips. When I need to run the sparky (turbine2, fmf) it dulls the top end punch abit bt feels to have a bit more torque.

thanks for the info guys i think i've decided on a fatty because i want the all around power for both trails and track

Silencers usually make little difference in power output. Sometimes a spark arrester silencer may require a little rejetting. Keep the stock silencer and save your money for something that WILL make a difference in performance (e.g., new tires).
Totally agree!

There is a huge difference in workmanship between 2-stroke pipes from PC and FMF, I have both and the fit and finish on the PC is so low, it makes the FMF look like a work of art. Welds, chrome thickness and all. I have witnessed also huge detonation with the SST serie and would avoid it at all cost. Fatty is known to be the winner for the RM250. The thickness of the gnarly makes attracting especially off-road.