Sign in to follow this  

Flywheel users, did your gearing change?

Curious: for those with a flywheel on their 250, did you alter the gearing? Obviously gearing changes depending on terrain, but for the gearing which is used most of the time did it change with the new ability to lug a bit more and carry more corner speed?

i'm running 15 & 52's for enduros, to me its just about perfect gearing wise, go up any hill with zero problems, but i have a rekluse too i must say !

i just lug my poor ole bike to death and it just keeps on going .

I added the Stealthy 13oz flywheel weight and kept the stock gearing. The bike will bog down low, and the power is still there when you need it (or just want it). I ride in a variety of terrain; bushwhacking, single-track, sand pits, etc. This combination works for everything.

I kept the stock gearing after adding a 12 0z FWW on 2 different 250s. You might be able to go a little taller and avoid stalling, if that's what your driving at...

Curious: for those with a flywheel on their 250, did you alter the gearing? Obviously gearing changes depending on terrain, but for the gearing which is used most of the time did it change with the new ability to lug a bit more and carry more corner speed?

your bike ran without a flywheel? Im just messin with man, i added a steahly 9oz and run a 51 rear sprocket and 15 front sprocket, I have always liked that set up for everything i ride (woods, enduro, occasional track slut).

GYTR flywheel. Stock gearing and i think i'll stick with it or very close. Decent compromise with 1st and top speed.

It and jetting added much better corner exit speed. I can pull the front wheel crossed up where before it spun out of control.

It lugs a little better right off idle but not a huge difference. Never had stalling issues stock. Where i really notice it is in root fields. Skipping over one after another with the stock FW even two gears high was a handful.