Clutch Help

Just put on a new clutch cable and when the clutch lever is pulled all the way in and the bike is in gear, the bike will move like the lever is not pulled in. The cable is adjusted all the way out and still no luck. I dont know where to begin, springs, plates or basket. Would the oil have anything to do with it (just replaced)

Any help is appreciated.

06 Honda CRF 250

Did it work normally before installing the clutch cable?

It was doing the same thing before the new cable, just no where near as bad as it does now.

if anything like a crf450, there are 2 places to adjsut the cable. One is at the lever and if you have a large adjuster can actually adjust "on the fly".. the other is a 8mm or so adjustment a few inches in from the lever on the cable itself. also check that your bracket on the engine case is not bent.

I will check that, thanks.

Just put on a new clutch cable and when the clutch lever is pulled all the way in and the bike is in gear, the bike will move like the lever is not pulled in. The cable is adjusted all the way out and still no luck. I dont know where to begin, springs, plates or basket. Would the oil have anything to do with it (just replaced)

Any help is appreciated.

06 Honda CRF 250

When you say your cable is adjusted all the way out, does that mean you have no play in your lever, our it's adjusted all the way out as far as the adjustment goes, and there is still excessive slack in your lever?

Plates get sticky and are hard to let loosen sometimes if the bike sat for any period....I would crank it up.....on the stand..drop it in gear....rev it up and pull in the clutch and depress the rear brake to free it up...If that works then ride it and slip the clutch every once in a while to keep them from sticking.

There was still a small amount of slack after it was adjusted all the way out.