Sign in to follow this  

Huge clutch lever problem!

Ok, i got a problem here. I bought a 2003 CR 125, the guy had an extra lever that he gave to be, that supposedly fit. So when i broke one i was like ok, ill just use that one. Well the extra one doesnt fit at all.:smirk: So I just assumed he gave me one that was for another bike. I bought a Moose Racing Short Clutch lever for a 2003 CR 125 and when it came it also didnt fit.:prof: I noticed on my bars it says "Factory Suzuki." The guy also had a RM 85 there when i bought my bike. Then my friends brother bought that bike and the bars "look" like they are Stock honda ones. I emailed the guy and he said he has never changed the bars on the bikes. So now im in a real tough spot. Tomorrow i am giving my friend the lever that doesnt fit my bike and if it fits his, ill guess i will just have to order a 2007 RM 85 lever.:smirk: So my question is there any way to specifically tell what bike my bars are for? Any parts numbers or anything?

*EDIT* Totally forgot i could just buy a different perch and be done with it.

Edited by Get2stroked

its not that big of deal take your perch off and take to the moto shop. then try them until you find the one that fits. or just buy a moose or msr clutch lever and perch combo for 20 or 30 bucks. seems like honda is the odd ball of the jap bikes when it comes to levers.

its not that big of deal take your perch off and take to the moto shop. then try them until you find the one that fits. or just buy a moose or msr clutch lever and perch combo for 20 or 30 bucks. seems like honda is the odd ball of the jap bikes when it comes to levers.

I know its just been pissing me off. (I have been using this huge black plastic one we salvaged off my dads old Yamaha 400 Enduro :smirk:) and I will probably end of buying the whole perch anyways

Bars are universal. You might not have the stock perch

Well if he changed them it would have been nice to tell us

Yes it is just an aftermarket perch. You need to see which perch you have and order the lever that fits it. This is far far far from a huge problem.

Yes it is just an aftermarket perch. You need to see which perch you have and order the lever that fits it. This is far far far from a huge problem.

I added huge in the title so people would actually reply

There should be some sort of brand name on the perch or the old lever. If not then take the perch to the dealer and they should beable to help you out

We might just buy the whole perch. Cause I live in a small town and the nearest honda dealer is 1 hour away