Immediate reply’s please! RE: YZ 250f EXHAUST

Let me start by saying anyone with a YZ or WR 250 should be able to answer this question. I need a speedy reply because I already bought this item, I can cancel the order before it ships though. I know...really dumb not to ask beforehand.

The first and second picture have a dent in the header, the seller said this was normal. Is it? I would look at my bike and make sure but it's in the shop right now.

tl:dr Does your bike have the same dent in its header as the one in the first two pictures?

CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

dscn6975x.th.jpg

dscn6974.th.jpg

dscn6973v.th.jpg

dscn6972o.th.jpg

dscn6971p.th.jpg

Edited to add more details:

My expectations are that this dent is normal. I plan to install this exhaust on a 2005 WR250F

Ebay title: 2003 YAMAHA YZ 250f EXHAUST MUFFLER YZF 250 PIPE

Ebay description:

WELCOME TO, BETTER THAN NEW VINTAGE

PARTING OUT: 2003 YAMAHA YZ 250f, ROD BEARING SIEZED !!!

OWNER DID NOT WANT TO REPAIR !!! ALL INTERNAL & ELECTRICAL PARTS ARE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER !!!

STOCK EXHAUST ASSEMBLY !!!

GOOD CONDITION, THE HEADER PIPE IS STRAIGHT, NO DENTS OR DINGS

THE MUFFLER HAS ONE SMALL DING !!!

SHOWS SIGNS OF USE !!!

NO CRACKS OR REPAIRS, READY TO USE !!!

VIEW PHOTOS

PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER THEM, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I WILL BE HAPPY TO COMBINE SHIPPING, PLEASE VIEW MY OTHER ITEMS !!!

THANK YOU !!!

I asked him the below question:

ME-->"I'm interested in the exhaust can you send me more pictures specifically of any dents. It looks like there is a pretty good sized dent in the straight pipe that hooks to the headers"

Seller--> "Here you go, check your pipe to see if the flat part looks the same, remember this is used & not perfect"

that "dent" is so it clears the sub frame

Can't tell you if it's normal or not but if the price is right go for it. You can repair the dent if you want or need to. Don't know where you plan on riding but might have to buy a spark arrestor or make one

Can't tell you if it's normal or not but if the price is right go for it. You can repair the dent if you want or need to. Don't know where you plan on riding but might have to buy a spark arrestor or make one

Thanks for the quick replies! Appreciate the heck outta it :smirk:

I believe Justinyyz250 is correct. I did a search and found the exact flat spot on another OEM exhaust for an 01' Check it out VVVVVV

3na3p43l25Y05P55S2b3ob13120bc3ef21f73.jpg

i have that flat spot on my 01. its been there from stock. i have a spare header from a later model yz250f that will fit my 01 but it doesnt have that flat spot. i had to hit it with a hammer to make it fit

Its a clearance dent. for the shock area.