post your GOOD dealership stories.

ok im sure theres lots of horror stories out there...

but lets hear some GOOD ones :smirk:

ill start...

so i buy a USED sled from my local KTM/Polaris dealer, have it for around 3 weeks and the engine blows....great. so i tell the dealer what happened, and im expecting them to give me a big bill. they rebuild my motor with BRAND NEW wiseco pistons, all for FREE. talk about a good dealer. thats why ill always go back to them.

Guy pulls a set of NEW googles out of the box, pulls the lens out for my googles and hands them to me! It doesnt seem like a big deal but in my eyes that goes along way! His shops decals are the only ones on my bike as a sponser, and im proud of it! He also treats my girlfriend really well (shes new to riding).

yup, a little thing can go along way. at this one dealership, the guy wouldn't take me seriously about buying a brand new bike, wouldnt help me, would barely answer my questions, wouldnt even get out of his desk. (im 16) so i walked out and got a KTM and havent looked back.

Went to So Cal, NV and UT on our honeymoon, and forgot to grab the tinted goggle lenses.....here were are riding in the desert with only clear lenses. OUCH.

Called the TT store as we were heading through Vegas, and they didn't have any in stock, but one of the employees just so happened to have a pair of new lenses in his gearbag. :smirk:

a couple years back on 85s my brothers KTM blew (top and bottom end) they contacted KTM, KTM shipped them a whole new motor and replaced motors for free

then a year or two before that when i was on a KX65 they jetted it for free for me too, not a huge deal but still super nice of them

I drive by the dealership on the way home... They give me their 15% off internet discount even thought I stop in to pick stuff up.

a couple years back on 85s my brothers KTM blew (top and bottom end) they contacted KTM, KTM shipped them a whole new motor and replaced motors for free

then a year or two before that when i was on a KX65 they jetted it for free for me too, not a huge deal but still super nice of them

WOW! that's pretty impressive. They must have seen quite a few problems with that particular engine to do something like that. Obviously their goal worked, you probably never complained about it, and spreading the word like you just did gives KTM an even better name :smirk:

WOW! that's pretty impressive. They must have seen quite a few problems with that particular engine to do something like that. Obviously their goal worked, you probably never complained about it, and spreading the word like you just did gives KTM an even better name :smirk:

yeah KTM was super cool about it and that shop 'hanover honda' is great too, they moved to smaller place now and dont do as much dirtbike stuff as they used to but up until then, they got a lot of out business they were great to work with

When I was a little guy, my brand new YZ60 was stolen and the little pricks trashed it by not running premix and keeping it hid in the woods. My parents reported it stolen to the police and dealership. The bike was about two months old when they snagged it, and it took another three months to track it down. Andrews Yamaha out in Salem, Ohio on Route 62 is where the YZ 60 was purchased. The bike was neat, because it was the first year they came with a kick starter, kickstand and the all famous Mono-Shock and six gears. When the dealership was informed by the police that the stolen bike was recovered and verified the VIN with my parents and dealership, we got a call from Mr. Andrew himself. "Bring the bike in" is all he said to my Father. The bike was trashed from the handlebars to the rear wheel - no way to even salvage the frame from the joy ride those two little suckers took it for during the course of three months. Two days had passed, and we get another phone call from him, this time stating to pick the bike up. My Father was skeptical, as his wallet was running thin due to the steel mills shutting down in the area. He grabbed his truck keys and put his hand on my shoulder and said "Son, don't get too excited, Daddy don't know if he can afford this or not." When we got there, he had the fully restored YZ60 sitting out in front of his dealership polishing the front number "1" plate with a smile on his face. My father had this really worried look on his face when his eye's met Mr. Andrews and I could tell my Father was ready to ask him "How Much?" and before he could, he had his assistant help him load it in my Fathers truck. My Father was confused until Mr. Andrews wiped the little bit of chain grease he had gotten on his hand putting it into the truck and shook my Fathers hand proudly and said "No Charge." He looked at me and said "Enjoy your new bike son." That was completely unexpected. Later, we had learned that the dealership had never collected any monetary value from the little thieves parents either nor was the bike insured against theft. Needless to say, when my Father got back on his feet financially, he went to the dealership and bought a brand new bike off that mans' floor with outright cash, as a thank-you for what that man had done for us. Plus, we continued to shop there as often as we could. Pretty hard to find a dealer these days, that will do that with an uninsured completely trashed dirt bike that is almost six months old without asking for a little up front at least.

nokickstandallowed:thumbsup:

A few weeks ago I needed the rubber deal that goes in the gas cap. Local shop says, "sorry, I just sold the last IMS cap this morning." So, he grabbed one out of a bike in the back. Pretty simple, and he probably got the next cap that came in, but the little things matter.

nokickstandallowed:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Yeah, it's amazing what you can remember as a little kid from many ages ago; but yet, I can't even remember where the hell I put my kick starter lever for this current complete rebuild I'm doing - I would really hate to have to bump start a completely new bottom and top end rebuild - just kidding, I would never do that - still haven't seen it laying around though. Starting to get worried :smirk:. When less and less parts are laying around in the garage to finish the bike I mean, caution starts to come into play. Those things are like $76~90 bucks because you have to buy the assembly I think. It is called the kick crank assembly - not cheap :smirk:.

Nicest thing I've had one do for me is put a tire on a wheel when I didn't but the tire from them. Had to call 3 of em to find one that would.

My buddy bought a new GG 250 from a dealer in Grand Prarie Tx. I got a free hat.

I raced for the local mom & pop dealership in our town for a few yrs. 10 or so yrs ago.

They never sponsored racers before and I kind of talked them into it. After buying my bike there and becoming good friends with the owners son (who did the shop work) the sky was the limit with things needing done to my bike at no cost.

They didn't have fender stickers (or any kind) so I went and had some made and ran them on my bike and told all my riding buddies who blew the shop off that I race for them, they all got a big kick out of it.

Raced the local area and then to Nationals where I brought them home a number 1 plate.

It stayed in their shop a yr or so and I finally retrived it to put on my wall. I left them of a pic of me from a race in Colorado that thanked them for the support.

I then drifted away from racing as it was a burden to our young family.

This past winter we talked it over (family) and we decided to give racing a go again (just local on a used old RM250 that I found on Clist).

I fixed it up and walked back into the mom & pop shop (that isn't a Suzuki dealership) and bought some oil, premix,etc. Said hi the everyone, etc.

Needed some tires mounted for the RM along with Heavy tubes that I bought from TT/other places) and talked to them and they said "yep, just bring them in".

I picked them up the next day and visited some more and walk up to the counter and ask how much do i owe ya and they said "free of charge". I looked on the back wall behind the counter and they still had the pic I gave them up from back in the day.

I smiled and said if I ever get a new bike I will get it from you and walked away.

I feel they would still sponsor me (and in a way they are) even though I am not riding a bike that they carry. They are just good people.

Since I raced for them they have never "sponsored" another rider that I know of...

I know one thing, if I ever have the cash foir a new bike for my son, wife, me, etc It will come from there. Until then I will by my oil there, look at their bikes and smile every time I pay.

Years ago I got the street bike bug :smirk: and was looking at the erion model 929 well here in daytona OTD price was like over 12,000

Found a dealer in TN that had 4 left and I got it OTD for around 8,200 and payed tax here in FL.

But we took our motocross trailer to pick up the bike and when we tryed to get the bike in the wheel chock it was not working out.

So the dealer had his guy remove my wheel chock and reinstall it to a diff place so the bike would fit better took around 45 min of him working & drilling and it was all at no charge. :smirk: