Sign in to follow this  

1999 Plymouth Voyager Mini Van Pros/Cons?

Hey guys I am considering buying a Plymouth mini van with 162k for $600. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Does anyone have any experience with them and their reliability? My plan is to drive it locally probably no more than 50miles one way (riding/fishing/hunting), but maybe on a road trip if its realiable, and park it in the rough winter time and drive my truck (the mileage is killing me!)

I had a grand caravan back in the day which was a great van but it died right around 160k, it was repairable but it wasnt cost effective.

Any pros/cons, gas mileage things to look out for etc...what are some things I should look for in a used car roadside?

Motovan on the cheap :smirk::smirk:

Hey guys I am considering buying a Plymouth mini van with 162k for $600. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Does anyone have any experience with them and their reliability? My plan is to drive it locally probably no more than 50miles one way (riding/fishing/hunting), but maybe on a road trip if its realiable, and park it in the rough winter time and drive my truck (the mileage is killing me!)

I had a grand caravan back in the day which was a great van but it died right around 160k, it was repairable but it wasnt cost effective.

Any pros/cons, gas mileage things to look out for etc...what are some things I should look for in a used car roadside?

Motovan on the cheap :smirk::prof:

Auto trannys are due around every 60K, might ask whent he last one was done. Carry good walking shoes in the jack stowage area just in case. :smirk:

Other than that, they seem to work perfectly right up until the time they quit.

we have had 2 chrysler town and country's with the 3.3, the engine was very good and reliable, our first one never had any problems and it had 120,000 miles on it when a tractor pulled out in front of us and it got totaled. Our 2nd one had 180,000 when it was totaled after hitting a deer. It was on its original motor and trans, the only problems we had the whole time we owned it was, the power steering pump pulley broke at about 130,000, and the ac compressor went out at about 150,000. My dad is an auto mechanic too so we were very good about maintence.