KTM 50 Pro Senior clutch question

Finally got a KTM Pro Senior for my son. Its an 05 and im having an issue with the automatic clutch. tried looking around online and couldnt find the answer I was looking for. You have to give it 1/2 throttle to get it to go anywhere. I know you have to add or take away washers to make it the way you want it. I want it to grab with alot less throttle, but im not sure if you have to add or take away washers to get it like that. Also I want to know if you have to have the puller to get the clutch off. Please help. He wont ride it the way it is right now.:smirk:

Put the Mini Adventure springs in rather than the washers.

so i can just put the springs in there and thats it?

ktm talk wont let me sign up

so i can just put the springs in there and thats it?

Springs and one 1mm flat washer on top of springs. Have this setup on my sons bike and works great. Kicks in right as you roll the throttle on.

only use the springs for a beginner rider.

if you want it to engage sooner, then remove or shorten the stack with the flat washers.

only use the springs for a beginner rider.

I would like to know why people say that. It may engage earlier with the spring, but it still winds up onto the pipe fast. Top speed IMO is not effected. And my son has already raced MX with this setup. Didn't slow him up at all out of the gate....

I used the KTM Clutch Puller (KTM Part Number(s): 59029021044 ) and a piston stop when I was working on these things.

I would like to know why people say that. It may engage earlier with the spring, but it still winds up onto the pipe fast. Top speed IMO is not effected. And my son has already raced MX with this setup. Didn't slow him up at all out of the gate....

we used the springs and it just was not the same as using the washer set up.

yes u need the clutch puller and yes u can put adventure springs in it so it engages right away.. my kids bike is set up this way but i have springs and a few spring washers and one flat washer at the bottom seems to work good.. google KTM bible this has everything u need very helpfull

When my kid was relatively new to the KTM we used this stack. We also used SS washers. They don't fade as fast as the carbon steel washers.

(())(())()()()/// Stacked to .635". It worked very good. One issue with a early engaging clutch is if you have a jetting issue it will show up a lot sooner w/ the clutch engaging early. Have fun with the KTM. I spent many an hr messing with my kids bike. I always loved the little rocket.

I keep seeing that you can buy the spring washers, but what about the flat washers I keep reading about. I dont see where you can buy them. Are they just regular flat washers???

I keep seeing that you can buy the spring washers, but what about the flat washers I keep reading about. I dont see where you can buy them. Are they just regular flat washers???

any ktm dealer or online dealer that sells ktm parts will have them. i would look at k2 specialty parts http://www.k2parts.com/ , they sell a shim kit that has several sizes in there.

Go to K2. They have a flat washer kit. comes with 4 or 5 different sizes of washers to make a stack any size. Munn is a good parts house also. But the flat washer kit is best from K2.

http://www.k2parts.com/

+1 I agree my son loves this set up, other kids are blipping the throttle on and off all the way around the track and my son is just rolling on the gas:ride: