I'm done with the TT store

Title says it all. Ordered 2 items last night. Today, I get a call that one of them is "new", and not available yet, despite their website indicating otherwise when I ordered. I will say that their customer service is great, in that I got a phone call about the problem, and after talking to the guy, I learned that an equal substitution would cost about twice the original cost.

Second time something like this has happened. Oh, and this is after trying to add several items to my cart that had item numbers posted in magenta color - which indicates the "newest/latest model" - translated means that they do not carry it yet.

Kudos for the phone call and guy trying to work things out, but their general website MOA really sucks. Oh, and I also find out that the one item I left on my order will come from some other location, and may ship in several days, so it will probably not be here for next weekend's ride.

No more TT store orders from me. I like dealing with CRFsonly - only ran across a similar issue once, and they did have a comparable substitute in stock, and it did actually ship that day.

Just a little customer feedback, in case a store person is watching this forum.

In before the lock!

Farking crybaby! :smirk:

Never had a problem here. :smirk:

Farking crybaby! :smirk:

Uh, in case you didn't read my post - I just did. OTOH, good for you. Want a cardboard cookie with paper raisins now?

Sorry to here. It sucks ordering something that you are lead to believe is in stock when it really isn't. I have had this same problem with Hammerhead Designs as well as Motostrano and ended up waiting over a month to get my order both times.

In before the lock!
:smirk:

I'm done with TT store, too.

I got pissy on the phone and called them out on the forums over a problem with the shipping co. Now the bosses don't want the headache of doing bussiness with a jerk. Kinda regret that one. At least I still have a user account for the forums; for now:devil:

Farking crybaby! :prof:

Gary likes to spend his cash on parts he might get umm well at some point...

He has more patience than I do I guess, I pay immediately I expect the part to be on its way real soon... but to each his own.. :smirk:

idn why people get so but hurt over such small problems....

if you have such a biog problem with how stuff is ran, i would really like to see you do better. it isnt as easy as it seems to keep shit 100% working smooth.

so does your CRFs only have the two new parts , or are they waiting ( Japanese tsunami??) like everyone else?

Joe

Title says it all. Ordered 2 items last night. Today, I get a call that one of them is "new", and not available yet, despite their website indicating otherwise when I ordered. I will say that their customer service is great, in that I got a phone call about the problem, and after talking to the guy, I learned that an equal substitution would cost about twice the original cost.

Second time something like this has happened. Oh, and this is after trying to add several items to my cart that had item numbers posted in magenta color - which indicates the "newest/latest model" - translated means that they do not carry it yet.

Kudos for the phone call and guy trying to work things out, but their general website MOA really sucks. Oh, and I also find out that the one item I left on my order will come from some other location, and may ship in several days, so it will probably not be here for next weekend's ride.

No more TT store orders from me. I like dealing with CRFsonly - only ran across a similar issue once, and they did have a comparable substitute in stock, and it did actually ship that day.

Just a little customer feedback, in case a store person is watching this forum.

First off, happy B-Day. :smirk:

DJ KNEE GUARD LG are now discontinued. We do apply updates from our suppliers, but if something goes discontinued between these updates, it's possible to order that item from our online catalog. This doesn't happen often, but obviously it does happen from time to time. Of course, we apologize for any inconvenience. Since we list 100s of thousands of part numbers, updates are by computer file, not manually. However, if we learn of a discontinued item between updates such as this, we do put them in a que for manually updating. But honestly, this is a fraction of a % of orders and a fairly rare thing.

The replacement item you ordered is not something we stock, but currently available from a supplier warehouse approx. 2 business days away from our shop. I wish we had every possible item in stock, but we don't. Otherwise we'd technically be a distributor. But, even distributors don't stock some items or have items on backorder. It's just the nature of the beast. Most items ship within 1-2 business days (approx. 97% of aftermarket parts to be exact). I guess you just got lucky on this particular order and we apologize that it doesn't meet your time frame for receipt.

I looked the order over carefully to see if we could have done anything differently and honestly, there just just isn't. You placed your order late in the afternoon on the 30th and we contacted you on the 31st when your order was processed, letting you know of the discontinued item and informing you of your options.

For each item, it lists, "usually ships in XYZ". So, if for some reason this timeframe can't be meet, it's our obligation to let you know as soon as your order is processed (the same or following business days, depending upon the time your order is placed).

Trust me, I get it. You just want your stuff and I don't blame you. The truth is, we want you to have your stuff as quickly as possible too. We are working on a system to improve the accuracy of product updates from suppliers (honestly, it's pretty good now, but there's always room for improvement), but in the case of items we don't stock, while most can be ready for shipping in a day or two, sometimes the stock will come from a supplier warehouse a few days away from our shop, so there is nothing we can do, save stocking every possible item, to speed up processing time. We just don't have the deep pockets to stock millions and millions in inventory. But these days, few do.

Regardless, we do read stuff like this, we do talk about it, we look for ways to improve within the resources we have and keep doing our best. If you have any other questions, feel free to ping me. Happy to respond. We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this order. We're not perfect, but we're honest, our phone guys are real riders, not just order takers and we give our best each day.

All the best,

Bryan Bosch

Owner

ThumperTalk

DJ KNEE GUARD LG are now discontinued. We do apply updates from our suppliers, but if something goes discontinued between these updates, it's possible to order that item from our online catalog. This doesn't happen often, but obviously it does happen from time to time. Of course, we apologize for any inconvenience. Since we list 100s of thousands of part numbers, updates are by computer file, not manually. However, if we learn of a discontinued item between updates such as this, we do put them in a que for manually updating. But honestly, this is a fraction of a % of orders and a fairly rare thing.

The replacement item you ordered is not something we stock, but currently available from a supplier warehouse approx. 2 business days away from our shop. I wish we had every possible item in stock, but we don't. Otherwise we'd technically be a distributor. But, even distributors don't stock some items or have items on backorder. It's just the nature of the beast. Most items ship within 1-2 business days (approx. 97% of aftermarket parts to be exact). I guess you just got lucky on this particular order and we apologize that it doesn't meet your time frame for receipt.

I looked the order over carefully to see if we could have done anything differently and honestly, there just just isn't. You placed your order late in the afternoon on the 30th and we contacted you on the 31st when your order was processed, letting you know of the discontinued item and informing you of your options.

For each item, it lists, "usually ships in XYZ". So, if for some reason this timeframe can't be meet, it's our obligation to let you know as soon as your order is processed (the same or following business days, depending upon the time your order is placed).

Trust me, I get it. You just want your stuff and I don't blame you. The truth is, we want you to have your stuff as quickly as possible too. We are working on a system to improve the accuracy of product updates from suppliers (honestly, it's pretty good now, but there's always room for improvement), but in the case of items we don't stock, while most can be ready for shipping in a day or two, sometimes the stock will come from a supplier warehouse a few days away from our shop, so there is nothing we can do, save stocking every possible item, to speed up processing time. We just don't have the deep pockets to stock millions and millions in inventory. But these days, few do.

Regardless, we do read stuff like this, we do talk about it, we look for ways to improve within the resources we have and keep doing our best. If you have any other questions, feel free to ping me. Happy to respond. We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this order. We're not perfect, but we're honest, our phone guys are real riders, not just order takers and we give our best each day.

All the best,

Bryan Bosch

Owner

ThumperTalk

customer servis at its best!

Customer service is the measure of any business IMO as all retailers/shops have the same supply issues that the TT store does. As has been reported on TT many times, CS here is top notch and well above most others out there. I wouldn't hesitate buying from the TT store for even a second based on the OP's sitaution.

I haven't purchased anything through the TT store yet, mostly because I need things fairly last minute and through the years dealing with rockymountain I have always been able to count on getting things quickly. You know, go with what you know. I'm looking at buying those unabiker rad guards this week and already have them in my TT shopping basket but haven't pulled the trigger because I was concerned they wouldn't get here on time. But, based on the customer service I just observed above I'm going to give em' a try. They will have my business. You have to appreciate a store that goes that far out of they're way to explain themselves and help even after they've been put out on blast in front of the entire TT community. :smirk: Haven't seen customer service like that anywhere else, and it would be hard for me to be mad at the TT store after that long customer service explaination and attempts to help.

I do understand the frustration of expecting a part and not receiving it on time though, sometimes your next scheduled race or ride depends on it.

Edited by mikewrf18

Some grown men ordering motorcycle parts sure reminds me of the women at a shoe sale fighting over the last pair of pink stilettos.:smirk:

I buy from the TT store if possible when I'm not supporting my local supplier and as a business owner I know the old saying of "you cant make 100% of the people happy 100% all of the time" sure applies when dealing with the public but sometimes the complaints I read on here about online retailers like the TT store, RMMC and Motosport are very petty to say the least.

I mean hell, how many online parts/gear supplier employees do you know that will come onto an open forum and air out a problem with their services not to mention that the owner of the TT store himself will try and clear things up?

I guess it is that Veruca Salt mentality of "Dadd-ee, I want an umpa-lumpa and I want it NOW" that amazes me when I read some of this stuff.

All the best,

Bryan Bosch

Owner

ThumperTalk

I have not purchased anything from the TT store before, but I definitely will put them on my list after reading this. I work with the general public in the insurance field and it can be a very thankless job---there are things you can and cannot control. We bust our nuts and ovaries to make everything as perfect as possible but it just cannot always be done...there are simply those obstacles to anything in life. I will bet that this thread starter has had to come up empty with his customers at some point...happens to everyone, but ask yourself, what did you do about it?

I applaud the fact that you responded to this customer concern the way you did. I am very impressed that you guys are so committed to your deliverable.

All the best,

Bryan Bosch

Owner

ThumperTalk

Ya this post alone is worth giving TT store another chance or a shot if you haven't bought from the TT store before. Think about how likely it is that the owners of one of those online shopping malls will even read a complaint post never mind try to fix it and apologize. Proof is always in the delivery of course --but clearly the effort is being made to make it right.:smirk:

My gripe is that I have to look at the catalog, flip back and forth to find what I want, enter part numbers, do more flipping, typing and clicking, and eventually put an order together INSTEAD of clickclickclick done.

Yes, it takes five more minutes. Yes, I'm that impatient. And yes, the store administrators have addressed this issue, explaining that having a small operation makes that level of programming out of reach for them, which I completely understand.

Still, I get halfway through looking at four different catalogs and trying to compare stuff before I throw up my hands, go to www.bikebandit.com, finish in 30 seconds, and have my crap show up 2-4 days later.

My gripe is that I have to look at the catalog, flip back and forth to find what I want, enter part numbers, do more flipping, typing and clicking, and eventually put an order together INSTEAD of clickclickclick done.

Yes, it takes five more minutes. Yes, I'm that impatient. And yes, the store administrators have addressed this issue, explaining that having a small operation makes that level of programming out of reach for them, which I completely understand.

Still, I get halfway through looking at four different catalogs and trying to compare stuff before I throw up my hands, go to www.bikebandit.com, finish in 30 seconds, and have my crap show up 2-4 days later.

thats why i dont like the tt store >.>

first off, happy b-day. :smirk:

Dj knee guard lg are now discontinued. We do apply updates from our suppliers, but if something goes discontinued between these updates, it's possible to order that item from our online catalog. This doesn't happen often, but obviously it does happen from time to time. Of course, we apologize for any inconvenience. Since we list 100s of thousands of part numbers, updates are by computer file, not manually. However, if we learn of a discontinued item between updates such as this, we do put them in a que for manually updating. But honestly, this is a fraction of a % of orders and a fairly rare thing.

For each item, it lists, "usually ships in xyz". So, if for some reason this timeframe can't be meet, it's our obligation to let you know as soon as your order is processed (the same or following business days, depending upon the time your order is placed).

Trust me, i get it. You just want your stuff and i don't blame you. The truth is, we want you to have your stuff as quickly as possible too. We are working on a system to improve the accuracy of product updates from suppliers (honestly, it's pretty good now, but there's always room for improvement), but in the case of items we don't stock, while most can be ready for shipping in a day or two, sometimes the stock will come from a supplier warehouse a few days away from our shop, so there is nothing we can do, save stocking every possible item, to speed up processing time. We just don't have the deep pockets to stock millions and millions in inventory. But these days, few do.

All the best,

bryan bosch

owner

thumpertalk

burn!!

I don't use TT store at all...most of thier stuff is only dated to 2009 ..and my bike is newer than that so they don't do me much good...I'm sure they are doing htier best though. usually, I usually just end up going to the products home website and getting it directly from them if possible. those tucker rocky books are always about two years out of date....