Sign in to follow this  

OffRoad Seen any good tow ropes for Erzberg Extreme Bike?

I am trying to devise a tow rope idea for the front of the bike, maybe even a retractable cord like a dog leash, but that obviously wont be able to hold a bike. Any one have any idea how to devise a good tow rope? thanks!

Tiger tail tow system is the only one I have seen. Unfortunately its gonna be overkill on the front of a bike. I think it will be to big and heavy.....but its a idea to get you brainstorming.....

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Mike,

A good compact tow rope is the "slick tape" from Snobunje, it is flat and about3/4" wide, it will hold something like 2,000 lbs, and stows about the size of a CD but 3/4" thick. I have one in my sled and can loan it to you if you can't get it for Monday.

Check out their website, they also have a ratcheting device which takes up the slack each time you advance the pull. It's called the Snobunje Rope Ratchet, you can get it with 20 or 30' of rope.

http://snobunje.com/public/store.php?crn=69

The "rattler" tool is sick, is is a personal snatch em strap like you'd use on a jeep bt with more snap. We pull sleds buried to the seat out with this tool. It is a bit bulky to carry during the event, and probably to timely to dispatch and repack, but might be worth having your assistant to have one, or at a minimum taking a look at it.

Tony

Mike,

I am going to EMS tonight and look at the climbing rope gear they have, I am looking for a good knottable rope with a carabeener that can quickly attach to my tugger straps or wrap around tire if I want to drag the bike down a hill.

I also may buy a fanny pack that can be attached to the bars to store it in so I can hand it off quickly to some drunken euro spectator to pull me up the balance of the hill :ride:

Jon

I am trying to devise a tow rope idea for the front of the bike, maybe even a retractable cord like a dog leash, but that obviously wont be able to hold a bike. Any one have any idea how to devise a good tow rope? thanks!

This is the best I've seen. Bought all the components, carry it behind front number plate in a crown royal bag. Towed bikes and a quadtard, works very well.

http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29686

hehe, just found a crown royal bag. Last night I bought some carabeeners and rope at EMS. Probably should have bought more of them.

Interesting idea, thanks!

I was really hoping for was " Chad, what a brilliant system! PM me and I'll have KTM shoot you a bike, and a plane ticket AS I need a 49 YO immature chubby kid at the Erzberg!:ride: