Sign in to follow this  

Washington new 19" trials tire

Just fricken great as my new 18" rear wheel shows up on Thursday. if i had know there was a 19" trials tire out there i would have bought it and saved some cash!

Give us a ride report when you get it on. Maybe i can send the 18" back or sell it to someone! Damn!

Neat. DOT approved so they could be a solution for the WA state upcoming dirt bike plate rules. And they claim it is a radial casing, but the size doesn't have a "R" to indicate radial like other tires.

V-Rubber also makes a 19.

VER now offers the only 19 rear trials tire made! ‹ Vance Earl ...It's the first trials tire in a size that will accommodate off road riders, 425 x 19. ... Once again, the “V” in Vee Rubber stands for Value, ...

vanceearlracing.com/wordpress/?p=298 - Cached

Just fricken great as my new 18" rear wheel shows up on Thursday. if i had know there was a 19" trials tire out there i would have bought it and saved some cash!

Give us a ride report when you get it on. Maybe i can send the 18" back or sell it to someone! Damn!

I would still go with the 18 and 803, I'm guessing it will work a good bit better.

Joe, I ordered the 18 to try, no 19's in my fleet (yet). But a couple friends are hot on it. It's not advertised as a trials tire so I wouldn't expect it to grip the same, like my mt43 doesn't grip as well as the 803's and michlens I've used. Of note is it does use a radial carcass, and the metric sizing may be a little lower profile than the trials tires which could make it different too. We'll see, I've run all of them now so it'll be interesting to compare. Think they all have their notable strengths and weekness's, this one will just add to the choice.

Russ, did you try that other brand.

I would still go with the 18 and 803, I'm guessing it will work a good bit better.

Just got the 803 put on the new 18" wheel today. First ride with it will be Diamond Mill this Sunday:thumbsup: i hope!

Just got the 803 put on the new 18" wheel today. First ride with it will be Diamond Mill this Sunday:thumbsup: i hope!

Sweeeeeeeet.. I've been contimplating a trials tire as well, and i mostly ride D.Mill or EFR. The only prob is that I hear they really stink it up when it comes to mud.. and we live in the NW.. where it rains..... constantly. LOL during the summer I'm sure that thing will R O C K !!! please report back how your 'trial run' went, and yes, pun = intended.:smirk:

My local bike shop Everett Powersports up on everett mall way has two of those shinkos 19" in stock and they offered me %40 off if I bought one and let them know how it worked.....they were asking $89 for it..they are $70 online....he said he would go lower than that just for a review.

I got my 18 shinko today but haven't ridden it. It is lower profile than a 4.50 as suspected, lugs feel soft as any TT, softer than the mt43, sidewall is radial but seems thicker than a 2ply TT, more inline with the mt43. I'm guessing with the lower profile one might run a few more psi to stay off the rim if your banging it hard. The lower profile might appeal to peeps with short legs who don't like the tallness of the TT. It also feels lighter. The jury is still out on how it holds up.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know a 19" existed and will most likely be trying one out in the near future.:ride:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know a 19" existed and will most likely be trying one out in the near future.:ride:

Keep us posted...my tire on the back now is new so I won't be changing it for awhile yet

First ride on the 19" shinko today. We were riding some pretty loose and rocky terrain, and for my riding style this is the best tire I've ridden on yet. If you like to ride with some finesse and throttle control the tire performs very well.

There were quite a few loose sections and switchbacks where I know a knobby would have been churning where the shinko hooked up well.

Another rider in our group of three was also running a 19" shinko on a yz450f, he didn't do as well but is somewhat of a throttle jockey and don't exhibit much throttle control. He was running about 10psi and got a flat around 45 miles in, what a bitch those tires are to fix.

Problem we had was the tube had a tendency to get pinched between the bead and rim, and I think we put a hole in it putting it back in because is went flat again almost immediately.

I was running 12psi on my yz250 2t and never had an issue but don't think I'd ever run it with less than that.

Overall I give it :smirk::thumbsup: