Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Selling my CR125(134cc) loosing so much money!!!!

So i bought my 03 cr 125 pretty much stock for 1300 in february. Spent the better part of 2 months re building the bike from the ground up and converting it to race hare scrambles. I raced two races and now I picked up an 05 rm250 thats already set up for hare scrambles and only need 600-800 in misc parts and mods to be a race ready machine.

I probably have close to 4,000 into my cr including the bike, my cousin wants to buy it for 2250 which i know is a great price for a 2003 cr, but its killing me to think of loosing 2k dollars on the bike after only putting like 20 hrs on it since I rebuilt it.

what would you guys do? sell the CR for 2250 or just keep them both. I really should get rid of one, but I would almost rather keep for that much of a loss. I need some advice here guys I am seriously conflicted!!!:smirk:

fyi the cr got the full treatment...including eric gorr 134 kit. suspension, all new bearings, black wheels, tires, tons and tons more can't list it all. you get the picture, lots of time money and work.

Sadly, that's the way it seems to work. The previous owner of my YZ465 put about $4000 into it, but then he decided to stick with his two vintage bikes, so I got it for considerably less than that.

I've got a lot of money and time into my CR250, new piston, new clutch, new levers, redone suspension, etc. I wouldn't get back what I've put into it...

I don't see selling either of my bikes any time soon. They have such different personalities, and I really like having a spare just in case one breaks or it takes me longer than I expect to fix one. At the same time, if I was to sell one of them, I'd just chalk it up to being the cost of this hobby. I've gotten a lot of happiness from it, so I figure I've already got my money's worth...

What is your gut feeling? When you look back a year from now, what decision will you be happy with?

i never expected to get my money out of the bike, but I also planned on racing it for at least a year. I may try and keep both bikes, having a spare bike is always great and i love the way the cr handles!!! just not sure i will ever ride the cr because the RM250 is going to be my primary race bike.

Either keep the CR134 for trail riding or part out all the expensive stuff for about 50% of retail. Re-install stock components and sell cheaply coz nobody pays for 125s no more.

When I sold my YZ250 I did that and made 1250$ from the add ons. Almost broke even. :smirk:

ill ever sell my 96 because i have to much money invested in it to do so and feel good about the sale.

That is a tough choice. I'll have to say that the person who is offering you 2250 for your bike is going to be your best offer BY FAR on a 2003 125. The $1300 you originally paid for it would be a fair price for an 03 no matter what condition it was in.

yeah I know..he is willing to spend that on the bike because he know what I just did to the bike and he is going to do the same thing if i dont sell him mine. 2250 is a lot for a cr125 but if he buys another cr and makes it like mine it will cost him over 3k. I guess I may just sell it to him

yeah I know..he is willing to spend that on the bike because he know what I just did to the bike and he is going to do the same thing if i dont sell him mine. 2250 is a lot for a cr125 but if he buys another cr and makes it like mine it will cost him over 3k. I guess I may just sell it to him

I spent about that restoring my 94 cr125. It would make me sick to try to sell it now because I would have to find an enthusiast of that particular bike to even get $1500 out of it. Needless to say, I am keeping it for a while. :smirk:

keep it. it really sucks to travel a good distance for a race and end up having bike troubles write off the bat and end up not being able to race. that happened to us a coule years ago and since we always have at least two race bikes ready to go.