Sign in to follow this  

who are the top ktm suspension shops nowadays?

i wanna redo my forks and shock soon. Reading posts on this topic seem to say top ones are maybe Slavens, trailTricks, MX-tech. I missed any?

MX Tech did my drz400 back in 2003. Night and day better. Of all the posts i read now.. seems Slavens gets the nod with close to 100% positive discussion. Who are the KTM offroad raceteams using?

Lastly, i whats better.. an sxs or ohlins shock (if i can find one used), or my stock shock with full treatment by Slavens??? thoughts?

SXS = Mostly like your stock shock (as long as you don´t refer to the TRAX version) with fancy coatings etc. Öhlins = very advanced shock with loads of tuning options but if you can´t work with it you won´t find the best it has to offer. Slavens = I have no idea but a good tuner can get your stock shock to work wonders too. Pick your poison!

Trailtricks, hes also an ohlins dealer if you choose that route, he can tell you the plusses and minuse's of each setup, he's done 3 of my bikes and I could not be happier. I dont ride MX though, not sure what your after as far as a setup.

Mike

EDIT: Read linke below for some experiences with KTMworld.

MX-tech and trail tricks (javier)seem to be the favorites over there.

Edited by SealDEC

I just searched ktmtalk, what thread are you talking about?

in fact, I found lots of threads talking about how good they are, on ktmtalk

Edited by MegaDeTH

i had Enzo do the suspension on my 350, im going to ride it this weekend for the first time on the new stuff, just farting around in front of the house it feels pretty good so far.

+1 mxtech, jeremy will keep in touch with you after and make sure you are completely satisfied. He has done a few friends also and they are also very pleased.

I just searched ktmtalk, what thread are you talking about?

in fact, I found lots of threads talking about how good they are, on ktmtalk

Maybe KTM Hutt, not KTM World.

I read that thread, and it was 1 guy that expected free stuff and someone who used some other shop and thinks it's related to ktmworld

there's quite a few posts praising ktmworld on that thread and in other threads on ktmtalk

not many shops have a full refund guarantee like ktmworld, and a suspension dyno in house

Ill retract my first statement then, but ill leave the thread up and let people make their decision.

I dont really feel the guy was in the wrong but again, i guess its an opinion thing.

round here they are the go to place for gncc/setra/sorcs ktm setups, paul, the owner is one of the nicest guys around, and he's FAST

for those that dont know, highland park restort is same facility as ktmworld

Trailtricks does, not that I care about a dyno in the least, you cant ride a dyno, all that matters to me is how the bike reacts in the real world, Javier told me the only reason he has a dyno is because he kept getting asked if he had one, but said real world testing is the only way to come up with good settings.

i've heard good and bad about every suspension Co out there thats just life.

I read that thread, and it was 1 guy that expected free stuff and someone who used some other shop and thinks it's related to ktmworld

there's quite a few posts praising ktmworld on that thread and in other threads on ktmtalk

not many shops have a full refund guarantee like ktmworld, and a suspension dyno in house

suspension is subjective, a lot of people cant get it setup right with the tuner, and get pissed and want refunds, I wont ever do a revalve without a refund option

My last revalve was done by bruce's suspenion, a terrain tamer conversion, one fork does rebound and one does compression, I love it, it's speed/pressure and position sensitive

wmr1.com

Bob at WMR did an amazing job on my 350 suspension. He has a link as well that was just amazing! Love my 350 soooo much better now. That thing carves a turn really nice and now it can handle the roughest tracks without a twitch!