Sign in to follow this  

Nut Size ??

Tearing down Son's 92 RM 125.What size is the Main large nut holding the Clutch basket on ? And is it reverse thread ?

Thanks-Prostreetray.

I just pulled a basket on a rm-250.......it is a 30mm socket....and regular threads.

The water pump impeller was backward thread though.

The basket on mine , has a washer behind the nut ...that is soft....and lets you bend the ears up to keep the nut from spinning......thusly the 30mm nut does not need to be tightened up very much.

xxx

on my rm250 from 91 i used 27socket

but i'm from europe, don't know if that's the same thing

ow yeah, on the 92 rm the water impeller isn't bolted on :smirk:

it's stuck on a little axle wich is fastened with a circlips which is connected with the powervalve governor

Thanks for replying.I get the clutch basket nut,although im wondering why the washer behind the nut does not have the the tabs that bend down on the two sides of the nut.???

Now --On to the Water Pump/impeller-How do i remove it ?

Any help would be appreciated Thanks-Prostreetray.

Here is a couple of Pics so far.I pick this RM up for $150 no joke -was going to part-for the Front end and aftermarket shock,but,it's too complete to end it's life.Again Thanks

Drews92RM125Clutch008.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

Drews92RM125Clutch007.jpg

gotta take off the whole clutch side carter

you'll see a verry little sprocket on the backside of the impeller with a ring/circlips on it, release that and the impeller comes out.

and it's normal the washer hasn't got any grooves, it's just a very soft washer, you can bend it very easily

Started out with the Coor's light--favorite dog --and the wrong size socket for the clutch basket-- The 30mm too big.Any clues ? Thanks-Ray

Started out with the Coor's light--favorite dog --and the wrong size socket for the clutch basket-- The 30mm too big.Any clues ? Thanks-Ray

If 30 is too big it will be a 27.

Typical clutch basket and primary gear sizes are either 27 or 32mm.

Thanks 4 the reply-I will post pic's as it comes apart-Everything looks good so far,but look at the Pic of the drain-plug---J B Weld at it's best!

C-ya.Drews92RM125Clutch007.jpg