Sign in to follow this  

Washington Problem areas to avoid

I never would have thought of this a few years ago, but reading the thread on weird/creepy things you've seen while riding and some articles about Sheep Company Road got me a little bit concerned. Are there any known high crime areas that you avoid when riding? I would hate to park my truck, go out for a ride and come back to it all shot up or broken into. Or, worse yet, run into some ne'er-do-wells who have only bad intentions in mind. I realize you can't avoid crime all the time, but I'm sure there are some "hot" areas to avoid, whether it's places not to stage or places not to ride through. Places I'm interested in riding are the green dot areas (both), Tahuya, Walker Valley and maybe Mattawa and Beverly.

Thanks in advance.

The breakins in the Tahuya have been more mid week than week ends if that helps you any.

The Gold Creek parking lot at Green Mountain has warning signs about theft.

Our group got burglarized at Rock Candy last summer during a week day ride.

The new discover pass will provide security in the pay parking areas, right?

It could happen if it happens at the same time as they are there for Discover Pass inforcement. Hint: busy weekends when the parking lot is full and crime is low.

There is more money to be made enforcing Discover pass infractions than there is busting moneyless crackheads. Guess which will be a higher priority for the State.

Wow if you're talking about creepy areas go on over to thr general forum where they are talking about poop and where/what to wipe with! :smirk:

Snohomish County, almost any of the USFS or DNR roads where there is public access.

There are places there where Mr Cob won't go alone.

Meth labs or else guys playing a guitar and banjo.....

and banjo.....

ya forgot drinkin' outta mason jars :smirk: