Sign in to follow this  

Crf 450 rear wheel swap

ANYBODY KNOW IF ITS POSSIBLE TO SWAP THE REAR WHEEL FROM MY 92 CR250 TO MY 06 CRF450. 06 HAS HAS BROKEN SPOKE AND DONT HAVE TIME TO TO FIX BEFORE THIS WEEKENDS RIDE.:smirk:

Just one broken spoke? all others good condition and tight? If you are trail riding, just go for it... If MX, maybe not.

yeah just trail riding this weekend with kids and just one broken spoke. gonna pull the bad one and tighten the rest and hope for the best, thanks for the reply.

few options, and got through an entire 2hr harescramble this way. just pull the busted half from the hub, and unscrew the other half from the spoke nipple. THen put a piece of duct tape over the nipple to hold it in place (not even sure that is necessarry..). Other times (has happend more than once) i just zip tie the broke spoke to the one next to it.

Another option, the spoke may be the same from your other wheel. If the nipple is not stripped from a spoke being yanked out (had that happen) just unscrew a spoke from the other wheel and slide it through the hub.. screw into nipple. You can buy single honda spokes.

Honestly? have ridden for months with broke spokes.. no big deal. Spray some wd40 on all the nipples prior to the next ride. THe spinning will push the stuff into the nipple, and make it easier to tighten them next time.

might be to late now but i ran the wheel of a 01 yz250 in my 03 crf450r and it fit perfect. i used the axel of the yz250 too.