Sign in to follow this  

oil coming out of exaust cr250r

i have black oil coming out of my exaust dose this mean that i need to addjust my fuel air screw or is it something else.

the help would be apreciated

Your jetting is probably too rich. Most likely a rich pilot jet. Two stroke carbs have an air screw that only affects 0-1/8th throttle. The further you turn it counter clockwise, the leaner it gets. with the engine hot, screw it in all the way then back it out until the idle speed stops increasing. Don't go more than 2 turns out from all the way in clockwise. The Pro Circuit jetting recommendations are typically excellent. http://www.procircuit.com/jettingspecs.htm

A lesser possibility is a clutch side crank seal leak. That will cause blue smoke and you can smell the burning oil.

If you're bike is running well (spark plug should have a light chocolate color on tip) I wouldn't worry but your packing is more than likely full of spooge.

Repack that bad boy and you'll reduce the spooge flow plus have a quieter ride.

Tap it and sell it to Saudi Arabia

:smirk:

I will go along with too rich. What year bike? What is your ratio? What main/pilot size are you running? I see you are from WI so your weather (temp) and elevation are about the same, since I am about 30 minutes from WI border.

...plus this may get moved to the 2 stroke section under Honda.

:smirk:

I will go along with too rich. What year bike? What is your ratio? What main/pilot size are you running? I see you are from WI so your weather (temp) and elevation are about the same, since I am about 30 minutes from WI border.

...plus this may get moved to the 2 stroke section under Honda.

dosent matter what mixture he is running. you can run 20:1 witht he right jetting and the bike wont spoog.

its also a 1992 cr250r it basicly has a new engine i stuck 3000 in to it to get it running dont know y just didnt want to give up on the old girl

your main jet is way too lean and your pilot jet is too rich. Drop the pilot to a 52 and raise the main to a 172. A 1369 needle at the 3rd clip position, will also help clear up the spooge and give better throttle response.

i am running 40:1 the main is 152 and the pilot is 55 on the third needle position

That is really lean on the main. You need to be closer to a 170 on the main, unless you are riding it exclusively at about 12000 feet above sea level. You should check out your crank seals though. Clutch side crank seal will blow tranny oil into the combustion if it is blown and the flywhee side crank seal will cause your bike to act like it is running really rich causing you to want to lean the jetting way down. For example

I just rebuilt my 94 cr125, when I got it back together, it was acting really rich with the same jetting I had before the rebuild (it would cut out really bad at top rpm). I leaned the jetting all the way down to a 160 main with a 50 pilot JD red needle in the 3rd clip position ( knew something was wrong since it had never required that kind of lean jetting to run good). After replacing the flywheel side crank seal, it is now running GREAT with a 168 main, 52 pilot, jd red needle in the 3rd clip position. I am runing 32:1 fuel oil mixture. Air screw 2 turns out. I am at 4500 feet above sea level.

That is really lean on the main. You need to be closer to a 170 on the main, unless you are riding it exclusively at about 12000 feet above sea level. You should check out your crank seals though. Clutch side crank seal will blow tranny oil into the combustion if it is blown and the flywhee side crank seal will cause your bike to act like it is running really rich causing you to want to lean the jetting way down. For example

I just rebuilt my 94 cr125, when I got it back together, it was acting really rich with the same jetting I had before the rebuild (it would cut out really bad at top rpm). I leaned the jetting all the way down to a 160 main with a 50 pilot JD red needle in the 3rd clip position ( knew something was wrong since it had never required that kind of lean jetting to run good). After replacing the flywheel side crank seal, it is now running GREAT with a 168 main, 52 pilot, jd red needle in the 3rd clip position. I am runing 32:1 fuel oil mixture. Air screw 2 turns out. I am at 4500 feet above sea level.

i just had the bottom end rebuilt from the ground up with all new bearings seals crank gears clutch plates clutch baskit and brand new conecting rod board out .20 over so its a 270cc now i took it to a shop to do the bottom end cause i dont know alot about the bottom end i just know the basics but thanks ill try it when i get home from school

I wonder what spooge ever did to get such a bad reputation? I will take a two stroke running a bit rich any day over a lean setting.

it means you need to pin it more lol give her hell, stop poosyfootin' it
:ride:

i live in the country and ride up and down the road pulling wheelies and stopies i dont pooysfoot around i rev the p*ss out of it except in 5th i take it easy on the road so i dont blow the engine lol but thanks i have a 170 i think at home i did have time this past weekend cause it was my b-day so i will do it tonite after work and let u no what happens:ride::lol: