Sign in to follow this  

2011 Raga Prices

Anybody getting any good info on what the Raga's will go for in the USA?

I have been seeing all kinds of stuff overseas (they arrived at GasGasUK), and when I do the currency conversion it makes no sense. Not getting any info from the distributor. One of the distributors has been putting them around the $8G area, but currency being as dynamic as it has been, they seem to want to wait for me to open the box before they tell me how much it is.:smirk:

$7995 is the current list price. Even with a weak dollar - I believe your dealer should have enough margin to hold a list price quote. We often say x amount over invoice price when giving a bottom line price just in case the dealer price changes alot. Dale has on occasion changed his margin as well if its a real big hit. Not sure how much it will cost to ship to the edge of the world...

Should be a sweet ride G. We have a 2 300's coming, but after riding a new Race 280 recently, I may go that way. We constantly go back and forth about which one is the more desirable bike. Its a nice problem to have. Im off my 250 preference for now as I have learned to deal with more power and find traction with the clutch. (that little lever next to my left hand) :smirk: The keihin really shines on them as well. (not on the 250)

You will have to give us an update when you get some seat time on it.

You have a bike on order and they won't give you a price? hmmm.

Well a Sherco Cabastany is $8,399 & a Beta Factory is $7,999. I would expect about the same for a Raga.

Not sure how much it will cost to ship to the edge of the world...

Should be a sweet ride G. We have a 2 300's coming, but after riding a new Race 280 recently, I may go that way. We constantly go back and forth about which one is the more desirable bike. Its a nice problem to have. Im off my 250 preference for now as I have learned to deal with more power and find traction with the clutch. (that little lever next to my left hand) :smirk: The keihin really shines on them as well. (not on the 250)

You will have to give us an update when you get some seat time on it.

I would have probably gone with the 250 but I wanted the Keihin. 2-Ply let me ride his Raga 300 two years ago and it seemed incredibly smooth(thats when I started saving for one). He let me ride it again last month and it reaffirmed mine would be worth the wait. The 280 might not be quite as smooth, but I'm hoping for similar characteristics.

You have a bike on order and they won't give you a price? hmmm.

Well a Sherco Cabastany is $8,399 & a Beta Factory is $7,999. I would expect about the same for a Raga.

Hey- I ordered it 5 months before I even knew what it would look like! I told them I expected $8G, I suspect they would tell me if it was much higher(freight will be 3-500 more).

When your summer is only 4-5 months, its tough to spend half of it waiting for something like this (won't see it until July) but its been fun following the rumors and waiting for release info. I'm must be getting more patient as I age.:smirk:

Thanks for the input guys!