Going racing sunday, tips? first time

hey guys im going to a race sunday at a local track and was wondering on any tips? i already have all the gear and am about to fill out the form, but was wondering on any tips or suggestions for actually riding for the practice and race? thanks its my first race, cant wait :smirk:

Don't dwell on the results. Focus on riding within yourself and try to determine where you need the most improvement. I know, its easier said than done when you're racing, but keep it in mind at least. Good Luck, stay safe!

DON'T Ride over your head, when you do that you put your self in danger and those you're racing with in danger! First race just go out and experiance it and not worry about winning!

Know youre limits and respect the bike. No body want to see youre ambulence riding skills. Good luck

Have fun is about it. And if you are racing motocross be prepared to sit around a LONG time. That is why I like going and riding better because at the race you ride a moto then sit around a few hours and ride your second moto. If it is a harescramble you basically show up and go race, but remember most of the guys out there may not even be in your class.

DON'T Ride over your head, when you do that you put your self in danger and those you're racing with in danger! First race just go out and experiance it and not worry about winning!

I agree, just go have fun don't worry about looking cool

Race your own race. Don't focus on how others look or ride. Most of all, be safe and have fun!

stay relaxed and breath! those are two big things i forgot when i raced

Hold your line weather jumping or not

Okay...here's something important...you may run into this...

I recently raced for the first time, and the track put two classes together (C and Beginner classes). When I got to the line, I had no idea who was in my class and who was not. As the race started and progressed, I didn't know who I needed to beat!

So...my advice is to make sure you know who you're racing!

breath

Race your own race. Don't focus on how others look or ride. Most of all, be safe and have fun!

+1....:thumbsup:Have fun.....speed will come with time.......The best part is at some point in the race you will run into another racer with the same speed and skills......then the race is on.....Then you will forget who else is in the race or what place your in........All you will remember is how much fun you had racing the other person.........Have fun and be safe.......:smirk:

what everyone else here has said and don't forget to give yourself a high five at the end for completing your first race and be proud wherever you placed, you deserve it.

stay relaxed and breath! those are two big things i forgot when i raced

The 2 most important pieces of advice I ever got. I just started racing Harescrambles and following this advice is what will get you through the nerves, physical pain and superhuman effort required in off road racing.

thanks guys my pants just got in and i cleaned the bike up real nice and got all my gear together and cleaned, cant wait everythings ready for when my dad come back from work sunday morning to load up :smirk:

^Awesome......have fun and be safe tiger........

better treat your Dad to a cup of coffee if he is taking you to the track after working all nite!!! Good luck racing!

its after working 2 16 hour days so yeah i plan on it, hes a captain and owner of a lobster company he left today he goes out for 3 days at a time overnight, and thanks

You want to follow the guy in front of you. I got faster by following lines from the guys in front of me. Pay close attention to how they ride as well. Rider position on the bike is EVERYTHING! Good Luck.

thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions and support ill try and let u guys know how i do thanks (: