Obama just says NO to wilderness

The way I read it, Obama DIDN'T say NO to wilderness. He said "more wilderness please...." but was shut down by congress and then gave up and headed for greener pastures.... You make it sound like he's against wilderness, and he's not. He's absolutely FOR wilderness. Get it right. I mean, at least take the time to read what you post. :-)

• Like 4

The way I read it, Obama DIDN'T say NO to wilderness. He said "more wilderness please...." but was shut down by congress and then gave up and headed for greener pastures.... You make it sound like he's against wilderness, and he's not. He's absolutely FOR wilderness. Get it right. I mean, at least take the time to read what you post. :-)

I agree with your interpretation on this. Congress in one sense was saying "no more wilderness". But in another sense, they were saying "we will determine what's wilderness, not you"

Either way works for us in the short term.

Obama, not wanting to be publicly shot down, got in front of the issue to try to make it seem like he wants to work with congress, when in fact he was trying to obtain presidential power to declare these "wild land" areas. Technically, its a little different from the "wilderness area", but still the same effect. He would have had the power to lock us out of areas without consulting congress.

Congress is going to clip his wings at every opportunity.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread with a new ending:

The Messiah strikes close to home.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/environment-and-nature/20141010/president-obama-declares-346000-acres-of-san-gabriel-mountains-a-national-monument

Good grief.  I just became aware of this.  Not that Angeles National Forest is worth a crap for legal riding anyway (but it's close for secret trail riding) but this ought to provide the funding for mega fences, signs, and enforcement for closures.  Read through the attached link article.  It should also provide better access for the ghetto gang folks.

Swell.
Edited by bobc1

how the hell does your race keep you from exploring mountain landscapes?  get off your lazy ass, drive your car, take a bus, ride a damn peddle bike to the trailhead and walk into the damn mountains.   what a crock of political shit.

Edited by DRS

You take a street bike ride up Azusa Canyon and then take East Fork Rd to the end where it hits Glendora Mtn Rd.  All along the East fork of the San Gabriel river it gets packed with people lounging around in the river bed.  Most appear to be the "ghetto gang folks" you describe. :devil:

It's all shit. Every little local "hiking" spot or swimming hole has graffiti everywhere.    So Cal Bro.

Go a bit further up Azusa Canyon and hike the West fork of the river.  Much better "scenery" cause you have to do some hiking.

how the hell does your race keep you from exploring mountain landscapes? get off your lazy ass, drive your car, take a bus, ride a damn peddle bike to the trailhead and walk into the damn mountains. what a crock of political shit.

he didn't say your race prevented anything. He said inner city kids of color can explore the area because of the lack of parks or land in the inner city.