Sign in to follow this  

SMART People Invest!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! :smirk: I must have been suffering from hypothermia from the cold and the snow in the LPNF because I sware I saw rocks, roots, four foot deep whoops ect... AND DIDN'T FEEL A THING!!!:prof: It was awesome!!! 50 miles of tuff single track , no arm pump! I am another happy customer "BANDWAGONER" of DAVEJ SPI work. great stuff Dave!!!!!!:worthy:Thanks again!:smirk:

Edited by CLINT 00

was this on his new setup?or was it the old design of ddt?

Did you do just the oil or the complete Del Taco. Also, which bike do you ride?

07 wr 450 complete DIY kit. It was fun and a great learning experiance.:smirk:

Damn... This is probably the 60th some odd post that I've read commending DaveJ's work...

I gotta jump on this bandwagon too. Did you get the shock kit too or just the fork kit?

Would you please elaberate...^^^

well,i,ve read where everyone raves about his open chamber stuff.works great in all conditions.now i,ve used his ddt setup for closed xhamber forks and it is at times brilliant.it also totally sucks at certain times.blows threw the stroke on sucsessive hits when used by a heavy rider(me).i think dave has realizd the current setups limitations,as he is about to release a new setup for the closed chamber forks.

as of right now i,m done trying to tune the ddt and have gone to a more conventional setup.even one of his distributors has gone back to conventional setups,to hard to tune the fork .

Thank you! Well I haven't been able to get any good high speed testing in yet... but so far I'm impressed. Glad to hear the open bath phase 4 has good reviews. Thanks again.

Damn... This is probably the 60th some odd post that I've read commending DaveJ's work...

I gotta jump on this bandwagon too. Did you get the shock kit too or just the fork kit?

I did the diy combo meal. LOL! Both are a great improvment! And the knowledge you gain and the price is untouchable... IMO If you decide to do it yourself put aside some time and read and look through your kit... I made some unnessacery phone calls.:smirk: Oh ya... and a PM to GREYRACER, Thanks for the reply GREY!:prof: After it all I am not a shim shifting master but I will definatly be rebuilding my own stuff, thanks to Dave:cheers: REBUILDS... PRICELESS!!!:smirk:

Count me in. I'm tired of everyone raving about their suspension while I stand by saying I can tune enough with the stock clickers.

CLINT 00- How long did it take you to do the whole process? Also, if you don't mind, how much did it set you back?

I got Dave's kit for my 03 yz250, time to do front and back was less than 20 hrs but it was my first time being in the forks or shock, so I took my time and was very careful. I also had to go back into one of the forks as I'd made a mistake. Everything was pretty simple when following the instructions. I could do it all a lot faster now. My cost for front and back revalve, springs, oil, and shipping to SC was less than $400.

Definitely a big improvement over the stock stuff for me. I've only gotten one ride in so far, riding again at another of my favorite places tomorrow so I'll learn a lot more then.

All this and the best customer service around:thumbsup:

Count me in. I'm tired of everyone raving about their suspension while I stand by saying I can tune enough with the stock clickers.

CLINT 00- How long did it take you to do the whole process? Also, if you don't mind, how much did it set you back?

singletrkstar said all I can say. Take your time read everything carefully have your laptop with you and double triple check and then check again. I suggest to order extra oil two packs of four just in case. DIY well worth the money and give Dave sometime and he always comes through:thumbsup: Have a large and clean workspace. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE RIDE!!!:ride:

I had Grayracer install my kit. RG3 had done a number of changes so he had to kinda put it back to stock with Dave's help. RG3 had done quit a number on the stems when removing the peening. Some more parts from Dave and Rich had them together and shipped back in no time. I won't be able to try them out for another 2-3 months until my dislocated shoulder settles down.

I wanted to give props to both Grayracer and Dave. Two guys, two very class acts!

Speedy recovery!!! Yes Dave and Gray very helpful. But I can't say anything bad about RG3 cause they also helped in my adventure... They are close by and I was in a bind... LITTERALLY!!! I wedged the free piston in the shock body:banghead:

Speedy recovery!!! Yes Dave and Gray very helpful. But I can't say anything bad about RG3 cause they also helped in my adventure... They are close by and I was in a bind... LITTERALLY!!! I wedged the free piston in the shock body:banghead:

I am 2 miles from RG3 and had used them the last 3 oil changes and valving adjustments. Really great guys. I will always use them for the services but I still needed some tweeking to the valving. I had read/heard a lot about Dave and Smartperformnace so I decided to give it a go. During the process, it was discovered that when the peening (sp) was removed from the stems during the previous builds, it was left with just 1 thread on both sides. Devastating, no, but I would have liked to have known.

Kenshaw we are nieghbors. I live about eight miles from RG3. PM me if you ever need someone to ride with... And if you ever need any special fabrication call centerline welding and talk to Leroy. He's right off of COSBY WAY behind the new KIASIER hospital. PM me and I'll give you my name so you can tell him I sent you...

To be fair to RG3, I'm sure that I know how the stem butchering happened. I've seen the same sort of thing in big repair shops and small a number of times.

You have a young guy doing a job for you and he's just at the point where you don't supervise him quite as closely as you used to. He makes a mistake like this and then has to decide whether to step up and tell the boss and take the consequences, or try to cover it up. Whoever did this chose the latter path, sadly.

I'm absolutely certain, even without having any experience whatever with RG3, that this is NOT something that anyone should expect from them, and that it was a mistake followed by a bad decision, both made by one employee, and nothing more than that. I'm sure that no one who actually runs the place or sets policy had any idea that it ever happened. Fortunately, nothing ever came of it except that kenshaw720 had to fork out $40 for a pair of new stems, so it's not all that bad.

Just shows that you never can tell, though.

BadStem_sm.jpg