Sign in to follow this  

2001 Kx 250 compression

I just went out and checked the compression of my 2001 kx 250 and i got 210 PSI which I thought is over what they are supposed to have? I thought that the engine was stock when i got it the guy before me didnt know much about it. Is there a problem with compression being too high? I did notice when i got it it would ping when you got on it with normal 87 octane so I have always run 91 and it almost never pings anymore.

I also have 210 psi on my 07 KX 250. That was checked with 2 different compression testers. I really have no idea how many hours on the top end either.

I checked my 95 with a new top end and it is 190 psi with both testers. Both bikes were checked cold.

I wouldn't get too caught up in the psi. But rather keep an eye on the psi from your baseline to determine when to replace the top end.

Thanks,

Jason

I also have 210 psi on my 07 KX 250. That was checked with 2 different compression testers. I really have no idea how many hours on the top end either.

I checked my 95 with a new top end and it is 190 psi with both testers. Both bikes were checked cold.

I wouldn't get too caught up in the psi. But rather keep an eye on the psi from your baseline to determine when to replace the top end.

Thanks,

Jason

How do you like switching between the 95 and 07?

Alright so it should be fine i was just curious i did test my brothers 80 and it came up with a normal number so maybe i just have a good one :smirk:

Thanks,

Jason

How do you like switching between the 95 and 07?

I like both bikes so far. The 95 seems like a small version of the 07. It is significantly smaller plus I have an IMS tank on the 07 so it makes it seem that much bigger. I'm just getting back into bikes again so my skill level is holding me back to give a really good review of comparing the bikes.

I'm riding trails, open fields between the woods and a few jumps. I feel like I have a little better control of the 95 so far, but they seem pretty much the same so far. The 07 has a FWW and the 95 doesn't and I think I like the feel without but I'm gonna get a bit more skill and them make a decision which way I like it.

Thanks,

Jason

Alright so it should be fine i was just curious i did test my brothers 80 and it came up with a normal number so maybe i just have a good one :ride:

I know I don't have a Kaw, but my 2000 250 (stock) has 230 psi and I have seen people with as much as 240.

I like both bikes so far. The 95 seems like a small version of the 07. It is significantly smaller plus I have an IMS tank on the 07 so it makes it seem that much bigger. I'm just getting back into bikes again so my skill level is holding me back to give a really good review of comparing the bikes.

I'm riding trails, open fields between the woods and a few jumps. I feel like I have a little better control of the 95 so far, but they seem pretty much the same so far. The 07 has a FWW and the 95 doesn't and I think I like the feel without but I'm gonna get a bit more skill and them make a decision which way I like it.

Thanks,

Jason

I've had 94, 98, 00 and 05. The 05 is the best all-around package, even better since I lowered the suspension. The 94 does feel smaller, but I think it's the height that's the difference. I would take a 94-98 over an L model anyday. I just couldn't get comfortable on the 2000's.

I'm glad you decided to keep both of them. :ride:

I've had 94, 98, 00 and 05. The 05 is the best all-around package, even better since I lowered the suspension. The 94 does feel smaller, but I think it's the height that's the difference. I would take a 94-98 over an L model anyday. I just couldn't get comfortable on the 2000's.

I'm glad you decided to keep both of them. :ride:

I'm glad as well. It is nice to have a couple of bikes to play with and have a spare when you destroy the subframe on one of them.

I have to quit replying from my phone, that last post of mine was ridiculous.

Thanks,

Jason