2009 TE450 fuel injection problems...

Hey guys! I have been riding my bike around and I have noticed after taking my bike to get a power up at Up-Tite husqvarna that my fuel injection has been rather spotty... I know that the bike needs to warm up but still at low rpm the fuel injection cuts in and out, it even completely stalled while on the street. What do I do? :smirk:

perhaps you should take it back to george.dan

EFI cuts in/out?? Check your battery connection.

Moto: I was going to, but he is wayyy over priced, and I did not like his work to much.

WEAN: really?? the connections to the EFI?? isn't the EFI suppose to run even if the battery is completely out?

WEAN: really?? the connections to the EFI?? isn't the EFI suppose to run even if the battery is completely out?

If George did the Power up and tuned it with Ibeat recently- I am sure he will help you out. The best costs money. I'd rather pay someone who knows what they are doing and has a reputation to live up to and maintain.

Yes WEANright is right- no battery no efi- battery connections are important.

But you say the efi cuts in and out it makes it sound like you have verified that the pump is running intermittently- but I'd guess this isn't the case. Your bike just stalls at low rpms. If the bike has under 600 miles it needs to break in some yet. But ensure your IDLE rpm is running at 1900-2050. Adjust the Air bypass screw to achieve. If you have NEVER had it hooked up to Ibeat and it is broken in I would suggest having it checked out- have the TPS Adjusted etc...

good luck:thumbsup:

Dead battery still has some juice and the EFI is looking for that. A broken terminal will kill the EFI and typically flash the gauge lights. Also a loose connection on the battery will make the EFI cut in/out and stall.

If this just happen right after the PU, then take it back and have them re-check settings. George has a good following and should be given first crack at it. However "best cost money" is not always true! What you need to wach some shops (not pointing anything to George) double charge, added PU but forgot or mis-set the settings then charge to fix. I see on here alot.

However "best cost money" is not always true! What you need to wach some shops (not pointing anything to George) double charge, added PU but forgot or mis-set the settings then charge to fix. I see on here alot.

well then they aint best...:lol:

I am a few too many states away from california to have any first hand experience with shops out there- just know from posts and such. I have had great luck working on my own bikes and adopted to the EFI just the same. If I was paying someone to do this stuff- they better know more than I can gather or know and do less trial and error than I would. What I am saying is if you have confidence in you own abilities- its hard to find somone to trust to do a better job. I would trust: George from UPtite or Dave Hopkins to rebuild a head for me since that's something I can't do.

I agree: mechanic/ shop costs is expensive- If I had to have everything done by a shop I wouldn't be able to afford this sport. Forums with knowledgable people that share is key. :ride:

TO the OP: call George up and tell him your issues and see what he suggests.

Give the bike about 3 min to warm up before heading off.

Bad gas can cause some issues too.

Take it back if you have the flame outs after a thorough warmup.

Did you buy this bike new from George?

How did it run before the power up?