Where are the Champions????

California

The Visionaries? The movers and shakers of our sport? Where are the guys with a dream and a plan to share it with non-riders who have no idea of what we love?? Where are the Bruce Brown's and Warren Millers of our sport? Where are the guys that can take a simple idea and turn it into a revolution like Bruce did in the 70's with Endless Summer, et al...??

A thought.....

The paradigm shift that followed Endless Summer and like films fostered huge businesses (Multi-BILLION), a whole new class of sports, a whole new culture and associated lifestyle-wear, and a romantic shift in societies vision of "surfers" -- taking them from lackadaisical neer-do-wells to iconic visionary romantic sports warriors.....

Why isn't anyone doing this for our sport? Or have I just missed it? If we are to have even the most slim chance of survival, it's only going to happen by changing public opinion. And IMO, that's EXACTLY what Bruce and clan did 30+ years ago for surfing.

I've worked with Dana and Bruce, and they are (IMO still) more focused towards surfing than Off-Road, although Dana's Dust to Glory was a fantastic start.....

What happened? Is anyone doing anything in the Off-Road world on the level of D2Glory or similar?

I want to meet them. I want to shake their hands. I want to support their efforts. I want to get involved.

Or am I just dreaming again........:smirk:

PS - I put this in the CA forum because if anything is happening, it's probably happening in CA....

PPS - are we missing the boat? Sending letters does $#@!. A change of perception in an entertaining fashion is where it's at. Where are the guys that can pull this off hiding out....... Or ARE they hiding out.......

:smirk::ride:

I think red bull tries but not to the level of what your wanting or a particular person putting near as much into Persay Warren miller

I think red bull tries but not to the level of what your wanting or a particular person putting near as much into Persay Warren miller

Got any links for their films? The only one I recall is the last man standing piece.

I know it's not what you are looking for but there are a several shows on Fuel. They don't exactly paint a good image for the mass market.

They don't exactly paint a good image for the mass market.

Thats not what I'm looking for Carl. Looking for someone doing feel good, inspirational, motivating pieces that make Mr. General Public want to swing a leg over a MC. I mean, there's entire film festivals for surfing movies alone. This shouldn't be that hard. Should it?

really a thought-provoking post, Bill

Only trouble is, you're comparing a pig to a baby unicorn.

Surfing is magic because it uses only the earth's free energy--not some processed poison that is stolen at gunpoint from countries halfway around the globe to power motorized playthings so angst ridden American teens can do something besides pop pimples and jerk off.

Did you see that one poetic moment in "On Any Sunday"? racing bikes in slow motion in the background while blades of grass shiver in the wind in the foreground. Of course the music soundtrack is heard instead of the blast of engine noise. You can put lipstick on a pig but...

The Big Lie has been told enough times that the public just isn't buying anymore. :smirk:

The great ride open

A modern On Any Sunday is the ticket.

Perception is everything, reality is nothing. Sheeple believe they are saving the planet by driving a prius or putting solar panels on their house.....

That is dam funny shit there!, I wish I had a lawn to mow, I would fire up

my non-smog legal 2 cycle weed whacker at 11pm tonight just to make some

grass shiver, But the K-rats,Mo-squirrels and the turtles would beat me to it!:smirk:

racing bikes in slow motion in the background while blades of grass shiver in the wind in the foreground.

dogggmann added to ignore list . . . quote/post removed so others that have also done so don't have to view his BS.

Edited by schmo
A modern On Any Sunday is the ticket.

Hence the Brown references, but I don't think that's going to happen. Bruce is pretty old now, and Dana seems to be focused on Surf films..... Still, you never know. Time for someone to step up. Films are being made cheaper every day. It no longer requires millions......

Perception is everything, reality is nothing.

Exactly.

So. Where are these guys. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and help them with their craft. Any takers out there? Someone start posting links?!?!??

PS - man, am I glad I have dogggman on my ignore list. Just seeing quoted clips from him in your guys posts makes me cringe. I suggest you all do the same. I sure wish we had bad gas privileges again.....

Dana Brown is already working on "On Any Sunday-Part 3"

Ask & you shall receive:banana:

http://www.offroadmotorcycles.ca/journal/2010/12/9/on-any-sunday-3-begins-shooting-at-red-bull-catalina-gp.html

The Digger knows!

Was rubbing elbows with Bruce at Catalina, he was all over the start/finish area and we were working the finish. He got TONS of footage, including helmet cam footage by Jim Holly of Malcolm and helicopter footage of Kendal Norman up on the fire roads from the JCR chopper. It was officially announced that weekend in December that this was his first event to gather footage for On Any Sunday 3. He's looking for sponsors/backers and gathering significant event footage.

He's looking for sponsors/backers

There's the secret phrase..... :ride:

You guys talk about sharing the open places. Yet I just bought a bike and cannot find anyone to go ride with. I love going to Glamis and Dumont. Yet now I bought a dirt bike and am looking to meet some new people. Yet no one responds to anything I have posted. Are u guys serious about riding?

You guys talk about sharing the open places. Yet I just bought a bike and cannot find anyone to go ride with. I love going to Glamis and Dumont. Yet now I bought a dirt bike and am looking to meet some new people. Yet no one responds to anything I have posted. Are u guys serious about riding?

:ride: Dude, your very first post was yesterday and people responded . . . you started your own thread and people responded and even gave you a heads up on a ride tomorrow with our Intermediate Weekend Rides group, you posted up there and again we responded with an invite. Holy $#!% man!!! Growing up, my mom used to always say "you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar" . . . I never really understood the statement as if you really want to attract flies, $#!% does seem to work even better than honey. There's a point somewhere in there.

:ride:

:lol: Dude, your very first post was yesterday and people responded . . . you started your own thread and people responded and even gave you a heads up on a ride tomorrow with our Intermediate Weekend Rides group, you posted up there and again we responded. Holy $#!% man!!!

Maybe he is a poacher? :lol:

Sorry BP, carry on...