Sign in to follow this  

My new 2005 rm 250 - woods racer

Just picked up this rm250 last week. Thanks to everyone who chimed in and gave me advice about the bike before I picked it up. I got the bike for $1500, it has the following work:

c-cycle suspension

FMF gnarly pipe/FMF silencers

V-force reeds

excel wheels

hand guards

steahly fly wheel weight

after market clutch/stator covers

brake rotor guards

Ugly over sized clarke tank

Chain guide

radiator guards

probably more.....but can't remember

Guy claims it got some "motor work" but who knows.

The bike runs great!!! starts first or second kick cold or hot, runs all day w/o problems, suspension feels great and doesn't leak. All the bike needs is grips, linkage bearings, rear tire, seat cover and it could use a right side rad shroud.

I already ordered all the parts and i bought a used stock tank.....(clark one is soooo ugly)

2005RM250wheniboughtit.jpg

What do u guys think of this dent? Repair it and PC the frame or don't worry about it?

framedentblurry.jpg

I would fix it, if you wanted to sell it in the future it will help the resale of the bike as well.

If I were you (depending on how deep it is) get some fill metal, throw it in there, weld it, weld it full, and prepare to marry your grinder. Sand it after its nice and rounded, and powder coat it. Nice bike by the way!

If I were you (depending on how deep it is) get some fill metal, throw it in there, weld it, weld it full, and prepare to marry your grinder. Sand it after its nice and rounded, and powder coat it. Nice bike by the way!

Thats what I had in mind but wasn't sure what the correct way to do it was. Thats what I will do...the dent really isn't too bad at all. It didn't tweak anything or cause any cracks, just dented the tube frame. Thanks for all the responses!

I am going to bring the suspension to C-cycle to get it updated to my weight and riding style, also pick up chain/sprockets, all new bearings, skid plate, oem tank, new tires, bar risers and some new hand guards. oh yeah a seat cover some graphics and I am thinking about both a rekluse clutch and G2 throttle cam system. I think the bike would terrorize hare scrambles with the rekluse, c cycle suspenion and the right throttle cam....to slow throttle responce a little.

I am away on business now...once I get home I am going to check the compression/ bore diameter and condition and then figure out what I need for the top end. My guess is its a stock bore but who knows....

You should love this bike. I have an 06 and had big problems with detonation on pump fuel and it took me a while to find the perfect solution. I think the 05 is fine on pump premium.

you need to keep a check on the vents off the power valve one of them is the bottom end vent and if they stop up it will suck a crank seal. cut the bottom of the vents at a angle about 1/4 inch to a point with the open part to the back and then cut them again from the bottom up about a inch and quarter them and they will not plug, i use to have trouble with mine plugging ever few rides till i cut the bottom of the vents like this. i know what i wrote is not very clear but i don't know how else to say it. look at some of the carb vent on new bikes and that will help.

Also you don't need a fly wheel wieght on the rm250 because of the adjustable power valve, you can adjust it so it feels like a 4 stroke with a strong steady pull of power by turn the adjuster knob clockwise about 1 3/4 turns to 2 1/2. i found out shortly after i had mine one day when we were riding in some tight muddy trails and every time i gave it gas it would lite up the back wheel. after adjusting the power valve i could roll the throttle on and it would put the power in the ground so good it would wheelie.

I think I understand what you are saying with the vents. Basically your saying to put a 45 degree miter cut in the end of the vent tube right?

Does anyone have a manual for this bike? (05 rm250) I would like to play with the adjustable power valve, that sounds interesting....never hear of this.

Nice lookin bike. I picked one up the other day blown up for 800$. pulled the engine apart to find a full Hinson clutch! Bike has ASV levers, Pro circuit pipe, Lowering link, Race tech suspension, RG3 triple clamps, Pro-taper bars. When I get my cylinder back from U.S. Chrome i'll be in it just over 1300.# with just about a new bike. Fastway pegs, handguards, and a stearing dampner and i'll be a happy camper, oh and a flywheel wt.

Edited by Brokenmoto
misread previous post