Sign in to follow this  

'11 CRF450R...Aftermarket Exhaust

I'm shopping around for an aftermarket exhaust (full system not slip on) for the new bike. Looking for opinions on performance gains. What did you install and how did it affect the power? Better up top, or more bottom end, or better all the way through? Weight is another concern, and I will probably go titanium. I don't want to go carbon fiber due to durability issues.

Alum/Stainless Yoshimura RS-4.... love it and was only $440 for the full system. Wish I had the money for the full titanium setup but oh well

I was torn between the Yosh and the Akrapovic, but didn't want to spend $$$ on an exhaust.

Ummm...not enough said. What does it do to the power?

Thats just it. Call him and tell him what you want it to do. Thats what he'll build you. And it comes with a warranty too. If you bend the thing all up, he'll fix it for free once too.

Try that with an FMF or a Yosh.

He does his stuff in stainless and its nice stuff. MRD is in Riverside Ca. And I'm pretty sure that Eddie Sisneros in Co. has maps for the MRD stuff.

And you'll be able to buy a stack of tires with the money you save too.

Stock is best.

A pipe isn't going to make you that much faster.

Don't be sort sighted...

LOUD BIKES are killing this sport.

There's a reason Honda is selling bikes that are 94 decibels.

Hey moderator you endorsing loud bikes...

Stock is best.

A pipe isn't going to make you that much faster.

Don't be sort sighted...

LOUD BIKES are killing this sport.

There's a reason Honda is selling bikes that are 94 decibels.

Hey moderator you endorsing loud bikes...

I have a very different opinion than you.

Loud bikes arent hurting anyone. Its a friggin pretext to impinge the act of riding your dirt bike. Dust is far worse.

With that said, have you ever heard an MRD? Obviously not. They arent obnoxiously loud. Not all that much louder than the stock pipe the way they measure them, and actually quieter at WFO than a lot of stock pipes.

Personally I have a Thunder Alley...its flippin loud. Not that I like it that way, it just is. But if I wanted a quiet bike as a point, Id ride a two stroke, slowly while feeding bunnies and delivering butterfly kisses to all the lovely lying cheating hateful bastards that choke off my public lands.

I really like the MRD. When you call, you get the owner on the phone and he will answer any questions you have. The system looks awesome and sounds great too.

I also just got to take advantage of the repair warranty after a nasty crash I had. I sent my damaged header and silencer to Dave and within a week it was sitting on my doorstep looking like brand new. Find me another exhaust company that will do that....

the reason Honda is selling 94 db bikes is because alot of people by track bikes and go trail riding in noise controlled ares and those guys are causing all the stink , if your not at a track or you ride in a noise controlled area run a quiet exhaust , simple as that , but motorcycle haters will still hate you

the reason Honda is selling 94 db bikes is because alot of people by track bikes and go trail riding in noise controlled ares and those guys are causing all the stink , if your not at a track or you ride in a noise controlled area run a quiet exhaust , simple as that , but motorcycle haters will still hate you

Thats kinda my point. The Wiccans (my pet name for the Eco-Nazis) that worship mother earth have even gone after horseback riders, hikers, bicycle guys....

They don't give a rats ass about motorcycles. They seem to think if you're outside in a wild natural environment and your not naked or an animal you're obviously the devil and should be killed on site!

Thats kinda my point. The Wiccans (my pet name for the Eco-Nazis) that worship mother earth have even gone after horseback riders, hikers, bicycle guys....

They don't give a rats ass about motorcycles. They seem to think if you're outside in a wild natural environment and your not naked or an animal you're obviously the devil and should be killed on site!

your sig say's it all :ride:

I have a very different opinion than you.

Loud bikes arent hurting anyone. Its a friggin pretext to impinge the act of riding your dirt bike. Dust is far worse.

Loud bikes aren't hurting anyone. Seriously?

How many tracks have you heard of being closed due to dust issues compared to noise issues?

Loud bikes aren't hurting anyone. Seriously?

How many tracks have you heard of being closed due to dust issues compared to noise issues?

2 off the top of my head...