crf250r tranny fluid?

Hey, I am just curious what to use in my transmission. It's an 06. I am a huge fan of royal purple but all they carry is fully synthetic tranny fluids. It says on the bottle that it will work good for 2/4 stroke gear boxes (Royal Purple Syncromax Manual Transmission Gear Oil) But i have heard that synthetic oil in a gearbox on a dirt bike is bad. If so, what do you guys recommend.

It's not the synthetic that you want to stay away from, it's anything that says "energy conserving" you don't want in your tranny.

I personally use good old fashioned Dino oil...it's cheap enough to allow me to change more frequently without breaking the bank.

Edited by 450xDaD

hmm, so you think using royal purple would be okay?

hmm, so you think using royal purple would be okay?

As long as it doesnt say energy conserving on the little circle thing on the back of the bottle where the oil rating is its ok for your tranny. Just use an oil that is the weight your manufacturer recommends.

I love the bel ray gear saver or the pro honda transmission, 80-85w. Great stuff!!

Dumonde Tech LWHS........ the only thing I will ever use. and Dumonde Tech YAP400 in the engine