front sprocket broken chain removal help

any tricks to get front sprocket off with no chain on a xr 650 l would have done it sooner but im waiting for my center stand from cigarmikes

Put it in gear and undo the bolts..

impact wrench and a rope on the spark plug hole, never tried it but i read it in here.

If you put it in 1st and the bolts won't come out easily, they are never coming out.

Dave

i got it off i just cant take the retaining clip off some a hole welded the spline so i cant take the clip off without grinding it crap this sucks

Aw jeez, that means unless you want to weld on the new sprocket it's split-the-cases countershaft time...

If you were close I'd give you whatever help I could (I think I asked where you were, and it wasn't that close...)

Dave

DYNAMITE!:smirk:

We seem to see this at least once a year,somebody strips the teeth on the countershaft then welds on a sprocket and sells the bike to some poor bugger that doesn`t realize the previous owner was an a$$.........sucks man,big time.......

Do you know the original owner,or at least where he lives:bonk:

B

yeah i work with him he said he didnt know but he had the bike for 2 years so ive had it 2 months and i found out lol im gonna take the motor out of my other xr because it needs alot of little things so im going to strip that frame and powedercoat orange .but yeah its a a ss thing to do that to someone i agree fully

Orange? O R A N G E ?!! N O O O O O O O O O O O O O!!!!!!!

Dave

@Dave - haha

Can you post a picture of the weld? It makes for a good what NOT to do anyway. Perhaps it's save-able with some precision grinding?

what color should i do the frame ?

@Dave - haha

Can you post a picture of the weld? It makes for a good what NOT to do anyway. Perhaps it's save-able with some precision grinding?

i can post a picture of the finished result after grinding lol wasnt sucesfull at the job where i wasnt afraid the chain was going to walk off