Sign in to follow this  

Should i buy this bike??

i am looking at buying a 2007 crf250r. the original owner raced it lightly, he is just out of highschool. right now the bike wont start. he has had the valves replaced already, and it needs it now.

it might get away with new shims right now, but for th price it might be worth just re-doing them anyhow. i do not race, only trail ride, and not too often.

i used to own a 2004 crf250r, so i am familiar with the known valve issues they have when ridden hard, and i never had an issue based on my riding style.

overall the bike is really clean. i am skeptical to buy, only because i am not able to start it and test the tranny and clutch, and listen to the engine itself. this is a slight gamble....are there any other known issues that might be going on, other than the valves?

thanks for your advice, i appreciate it!

Unless the price is really cheap stay away from a 4 stroke race bike that wont start.

thanks for the relies guys.... the price is 1700.00

for 300.00 i can tear it down and do a new top end. i would just hate to spend the 200 and find out the crank is shot.... what is the likelyhood of that would you suppose?

thanks again.

thanks for the relies guys.... the price is 1700.00

for 300.00 i can tear it down and do a new top end. i would just hate to spend the 200 and find out the crank is shot.... what is the likelyhood of that would you suppose?

thanks again.

How long has it been sitting? It could be as little as a plugged up jet or as much as a motor about to explode :smirk:

Will it not even bump start? Definitely would be very skeptical of that one for sure.