Sign in to follow this  

2012 rumors

I was down at the shop today talking to my dealer.. As I am interested in a new 2012 300 XC.. Dealer told me all two strokes will have linkage, and the XCW will more than likely go away.. He also expects new bikes in late July as KTM has sold out of the 2011's.

That would suck if they were to dump the XCW, but then again I believe the XC outsells it and is probably the overall favorite of most people. I can understand why KTM would choose to shrink their offerings right now in this economy, but it sure would be nice to see them continue the XCW.

I really love my 2010 XCW, the only change I would make would be to install the 6spd gear set which I understand can be done...

the time has come!!! putting me in the market for a 2012 ktm 250 sx... check out ktm's web page for all the updated stuff..

Why don't they just bring the EXC back to North America?

250_EXC_90_Grad_03.jpg

EXC = XCW + Lights + Spark Arrestor. Silly but the good ol' US EPA is at work here!

im sure we will get that bike minus the lights and SA. i just wish the 6 days bike would come too

The Six Days is what my dealer is trying to get me.. Haven't spoken to him for a few days as I am working 7-12's for a while..

I thought that the 2012 300 Six Days would not be imported to the US, just Europe.

I hope that I am wrong, I would buy one! Anyone know for sure?

When is the dealer meeting with solid information and when will the bikes (300XC) be available?

My dealer said he is going to the dealer meeting the 20th of this month.. He is trying to get me a six days 300..

As far as availability he said late July or August.

I thought that the 2012 300 Six Days would not be imported to the US, just Europe.

I hope that I am wrong, I would buy one! Anyone know for sure?

the USA has never had the 300 six days so probably not again in 12 because they are "technically" NOT closed course only so EPA wont allow it. you can still get a regular 300 and add the parts :ride:

Joe

When is the dealer meeting with solid information and when will the bikes (300XC) be available?

David.....available to purchase: now

in the dealerships to pick up: august sometime :lol::ride:

Joe

I was told that the KTM dealers have already ordered the 2012 SX bikes, and will be able to order the 2012 off-road bikes after the dealer meeting at the end of June.

I talked to 4 dealers and they all said the same thing. They also said KTM would only be giving each dealer around 2 - 3 300 XC's. Considering their popularity, that seems odd.

Holy crap CascadeTrails. I just noticed your bikes in your signature area. How do you like them all? What's the biggest differences between them and which is your favorite?

David

The 11 KTM 350XCF is big fun! Better than I expected! The FI motor is strong, works great on the trails.

The 11 KTM 300XCW is great for very technical trails and the 6 speed is much better than 5!

The 11 KTM 300XC has a more "race" feel to it.

For 2012, I plan to get the new 350XCFW and the new 300XCW.