yz290f big bore what gearing do you run

list some performance parts and what gearing your running just curious. Tell me what you think about it too.

My list YZ290 Big Bore

engine porting , fmf 4.1 exhaust w supercross powerbomb , hotcams stage 1 , boyeson quickshot 2 , Leo vince fast box cdi , wiseco complete clutch kit.

gearing: 13/48 I think i could take another tooth off the back or change

gearing totally.

Subscribed! Interested in other peoples thoughts, currently running a wr290f with a wileyco slip on and the gearing im running is 13/54 no woods riding all mx tracks... Currently looking for a change as its a bit of a pig changing gears all the time to keep it in the meaty revs where all the power is...

14/49 is what im running.

I ran 13/47 with mine.

I ran 13/47 with mine.

My bud with his ported, cam'd , piped 290 is running a 13/47 for moto on his yzf. After he and I have tested, we believe it could use a 1/2 gear change...13/46.5 . 13/47 works really well. Pulling 3rd out of just about any corner is pretty easy, maybe a hair too easy, hence the 1/2 gear change.

My bud with his ported, cam'd , piped 290 is running a 13/47 for moto on his yzf. After he and I have tested, we believe it could use a 1/2 gear change...13/46.5 . 13/47 works really well. Pulling 3rd out of just about any corner is pretty easy, maybe a hair too easy, hence the 1/2 gear change.

mine was stock porting with a pipe. I never used 1st gear and 2nd was used just for starts. It was a 3rd or 4th gear bike.

14/49 is what im running.

you dont find the gearing to low how much do you weigh?

160lbs, I don't find it too low on large tracks. But I don't have a regular 290 bike. Mine has a FMF Megabomb/4.1 muffler combo as well as a full Williamsmotowerx mod package that includes ignition, cams, porting, Carillo rod, lightened/balanced crank, ceramic bearings and micro polished gears.

Off topic here but hey intensem, how do you like the ignition? Notice an improvement or did you do all the mods at the same time?

Did most of the mods at the same time. But on a previous bike I did just the ignition. I would prefer doing an ignition over an exhaust if they were the same price. With the ignition the bike runs much cleaner. There is a gain in power everywhere, unlike an exhaust you just end up gaining in one place, but loosing in another.

14/49 has worked the best for me. all stock bike other than 290 kit. weight 165.

160lbs, I don't find it too low on large tracks. But I don't have a regular 290 bike. Mine has a FMF Megabomb/4.1 muffler combo as well as a full Williamsmotowerx mod package that includes ignition, cams, porting, Carillo rod, lightened/balanced crank, ceramic bearings and micro polished gears.

That sounds BadAss!!!!