Sign in to follow this  

Refilling clutch fluid

I am having problems refilling the hydraulic clutch fluid on my 200(magura). tried using a syringe and a brake bleeder kit going from the bottom up, and nothing works...the fluid will not go in at all. Should I just pour in fluid from the top and theN bleed out all the air bubbles?

Do I need to compress the lever at all when I'm doing this? Any help is appreciated

filling from the top:

-pull off top of resevoir and fill

-attach tube to bottom nipple

-open bleed screw where tube is

-squeeze brake lever and hold

-before releasing brake lever, tighten bleed screw

-repeat multiple times to release all bubbles ( filling resevoir as needed) as well as replace all fluid

joe

filling from the top:

-pull off top of resevoir and fill

-attach tube to bottom nipple

-open bleed screw where tube is

-squeeze brake lever and hold

-before releasing brake lever, tighten bleed screw

-repeat multiple times to release all bubbles ( filling resevoir as needed) as well as replace all fluid

joe

Joe, I'm curious why you'd pull the brake lever to fill the clutch?:smirk:

I have a big syringe and fill from the bleeder. It seems to work better that way. make sure the bleeder screw is open and squeeze in the fluid. it's a little tough but it does work, at least on mine.

You might have to open the top bleeder first and prime the master cylinder. Fill the reservoir, open top bleeder, pull and hold, sung screw, repeat about 3 more times. Then move to the bottom. Be sure not to run out of fluid or you will have to start over.

make sure the little adjuster knob is backed all the way out. Sometimes it won't let the fluid come up (when back bleeding) if it's not.

Make sure the syringe has an air tight seal , I tried to bleed it "up" and the syringe to line seal was not air tight and the fluid just leaked out around the bleed valve. Good luck theses are a pain the a&* to bleed!