Sign in to follow this  

KTM 50 Experts.

Any of you guys with KTM 50 Pro Seniors ever heard of making the senior a JUNIOR?....I can get a good deal on a 2004 Pro senior but it is to big for my 5 year old. Is it easy to change and has anyone done it...What is required?

Thanks for your time.

you will need forks, front wheel, rear shock, carb and swingarm.

you will need forks, front wheel, rear shock, carb and swingarm.
Damn.

What would you suggest for lowering the bike down.

Also, what about softer springs? He's 42 lbs.

Thanks !

Our 6 year old went through his Junior in about 3 months. on the SX, You can put the rear shock on the lower setting, slide the forks up and put washers in the exhaust or the smaller carb to tone it down. Shave the seat if you need it lower after that.

Best money spent is on getting the suspension professionally setup for his weight. Powerband racing, TH racing. Amazing work, and if your son ever cases a jump, you will see where your money was well spent.

Damn.

What would you suggest for lowering the bike down.

Also, what about softer springs? He's 42 lbs.

Thanks !

it really depends on what you want to do with it. if its just lower to ride around the yard, you can put a 10 in front wheel, move the forks down in the triple, but not alot you can do with the rear, maybe a JR shock.

get in touch with powerband, they will be able to set you up with the suspension springs you need.

My little guy just turned 5 and is only 46 pounds. Was on a crf50 for 3 months and jumped right on the senior. We do have to use blocks at the gate other than that he does great.