Splined washer??

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question. I had my motor rebuilt, but was waiting on a new clutch basket so that didn't go in at the shop. I went to put it in tonight and installed the splined washer behind the basket as indicated in the shop manual. The washer goes beyond the splined area of the shaft and falls between the basket and the inner hub. It does not engage the splines. I have read and reread the manual several times, and even gone on line to see an exploded view of the clutch assembly to see if I am missing something. I am assuming the splined washer is supposed to engage the splines when fully assembled, correct? I can't see any parts I'm missing, and I don't remember having to work the washer over the splines on the way out. So does anyone have some insight? I would really like to be riding by this weekend if possible.

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question. I had my motor rebuilt, but was waiting on a new clutch basket so that didn't go in at the shop. I went to put it in tonight and installed the splined washer behind the basket as indicated in the shop manual. The washer goes beyond the splined area of the shaft and falls between the basket and the inner hub. It does not engage the splines. I have read and reread the manual several times, and even gone on line to see an exploded view of the clutch assembly to see if I am missing something. I am assuming the splined washer is supposed to engage the splines when fully assembled, correct? I can't see any parts I'm missing, and I don't remember having to work the washer over the splines on the way out. So does anyone have some insight? I would really like to be riding by this weekend if possible.

Year?

06, thanks for answering. I figured you would be one that would since you had that Dyna Ring in and out so much! I got an answer from one of the members of our club who owns Kawis. Turns out that, no, it doesn't engage the splines. :smirk: One less thing to deal with...

06, thanks for answering. I figured you would be one that would since you had that Dyna Ring in and out so much! I got an answer from one of the members of our club who owns Kawis. Turns out that, no, it doesn't engage the splines. :ride: One less thing to deal with...

:lol: