Sign in to follow this  

Front wheel collar installation

I removed the front wheel on my '07 YZ250F (put a new tire on and my first time taking the front wheel off), and the collars that go on got me a bit confused. Looking at the owners manual doesn't help much. I guess I should of looked better before taking the wheel off.

What I need to know is if the collars need to be pushed in flush in the wheel before installing the axle, or if that's the way they are supposed to be (the way I installed them currently). I included a couple of pictures to help hopefully. I also took it for a test ride and nothing abnormal happened.

This bike means way to much to me to have something happen to it because of my own stupidity.

Thanks for the help in advance!

100_0662.jpg

100_0663.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I figure if no one responded, I got them installed correctly.

Excellent! Thanks for checking for me. i wanted to make sure it was in good working order before I hit the track this weekend.

Mine was a wr but since ive turned it into a track only bike i've fitted the yz collar that way the odometer head doesn't get full of dirt... thought i might add that bit of info incase someone comes across the thread and wants to remove the odometer :ride: