Sign in to follow this  

2003 WR250f fuel leak

I have a leak from my carb, it is not from the over flow tube. its actually from the seal between the carb and the float bowl. The bolt that holds the idle adjuster is wet and drips fuel. Is there a gasket for there? or can I use some rtv sealant of some sort? Any suggestions?

I have searched and most fuel leaks it was the float being mis adjusted. But mine is not leaking from there

thanks

Yea screws are tight, i see now there is an oring gasket. I will order it and replace. I guess this thread is mute. I jumped the gun

Not mute just a bunch of old farts that have to hit the early bird specials at Denny's then off to bed by 8 after they watch their re-runs of Matlock

You got a problem with old farts eating at Denny's ? :smirk:

Senior discounts on bad food = one more gallon of gas in the tank. I'd eat better if I wasn't so old... and cheap... and Matlock is high tone entertainment too :smirk:

In the short term, you can use some permatex around the lip of the bowl. Spread a thin layer and let it dry, then bolt it up.

Just about the only way to seal a BST40 bowl without shelling out $$$ for a gasket that will disintegrate every time the wind blows.

In the short term, you can use some permatex around the lip of the bowl. Spread a thin layer and let it dry, then bolt it up.

Just about the only way to seal a BST40 bowl without shelling out $$$ for a gasket that will disintegrate every time the wind blows.

I guess I should update this so if anyone searches it. The OEM Gasket, if you want to call it that, was a piece of junk. A new one was pretty pricey. I put a ring of permatex like you suggested and let it dry. Bolted it up and the leak is gone. Great suggestion. Thanks