Sign in to follow this  

Can you believe the nerve ? The idiot slapped stickers all over my bike !!

I had my bike in the shop today. I picked up a couple of tires on sale, and needed to change the oil and filter etc after the weekend ride.

The dealer says he'll toss in free mounting, and the labor on an oil change if I buy 4 tires.

OK, I bite, the tires are about 30% off and I run thru them regularly, and, I need the oil change and I'm pressed for time.

I pick it up tonight, the fool slapped 5 stickers on my bike. Fork guards, swing arm both sides and a frisbee sized sticker with the words : Serviced by <Dealer name> on a number plate in bright orange with metallic letters.

I was pissed.

All the guy says is 'we do that in exchange for the discount we offer'.

I don't remember the plaster your bike with stickers price vs the leave it the way it was when it came thru the damned door price.

The owner got a little annoyed indicating I was taking advantage of them by not running their Zepplin sized stickers.

I was shocked that anyone would first of all have the freaking nerve, then secondly imply I was taking advantage of their 'offering' a discount. No mention of plastering my bike with sticker was mentioned at all.

Taking advantage of them ? Hey buddy... remember the cash I put in your hands ? Let's not forget that.

I don't care about stickers on a bike one way or another, but the plastics are stock/factory and perfect. I plan on taking them off and putting on the replacement plastics to beat up in the woods.

If I ever sell the bike, I can put the originals back on in pristine shape and it'll save me from shelling out for new plastics later on.

Does this happen to you guys ?

How would you handle it ?

How would you handle it ?

Probably the same way. Better check your oil level to be sure they even put any in it. They might have got side-lined from placing all the stickers.

Check your tires to make sure they don't have 30 psi in them.

Check both oil drain points to make sure they didn't overtighten, strip or under tighten them.

I buy new cars and they come with a license frame with the dealer's name and logo, plus another sticker or two underneath the Toyota/Honda on the trunk.

As soon as I get home with the new vehicle, off they all come.

They go in for their first service and come out with new license frames and stickers.

As soon as I get home off they all come again.

They go in for another service and come out with a new set of logos and stickers.

I even tell them "no stickers" when I check in, and they still come out with them.

So I don't bother waiting until I get home, I take them off right there at the dealer, and hand them abck to them before I drive off.... they just look at me funny.

This hasn't happened just once, but a couple of times.

I once had a mechanic walk up with a screwdriver, license frame and stickers in hand. He sees me giving him the evil eye and says "Would you rather I didn't put these on? Ya, I don't blame you. I don't like them either"

Better check your oil level to be sure they even put any in it.

Oh, don't even get me started with this.

I bought my first BRAND NEW vehicle, and took it in for it's first oil change.

When I went to pick it up, got my keys, walked to the parking lot and was JUST about to start it up when I got this weird thought. So I pop the hood, and check the oil level. Empty! Those idiots removed the oil, but forgot to put in the new oil. I almost drove my new vehicle off the lot with no oil in the engine.

That's why I do all my own oil changes now.

I'd probably handle it the same way btw.

It would go farther if the stickers were hard as hell to get off and required hours of rubbing with WD40 to remove the adhesive!

I guess times are tuff for dealerships resorting to Any type of advertising they can find. I would be absolutely pissed if some ding Dong plastered my bike with there logo. A. A pain in the neck to remove without leaving gunk b. Driving my bike home in the back of my truck looking like a yuppi that got all the free swag his bike could hold And c. Needing to find a new shop to buy parts from after getting thrown out for bad mouthing the minimum wage turd at the counter

I'd tell him No, we agreed that if I bought 4 tires you'd do the labor for free, not 4 tires and my bike becomes your billboard. Take them off or I'll write about this on Yelp and every other site.

CaveMike hit him with club. No talk. Put stickers on face while unconscious. Next time, how much want bet no stickers?

This is why I do all of my own work or if I don't have the tools, I take just the part to be fixed to the service people.

I had a similar experience as Mark explained with a dealership; but, I had the service writer remove the sticker before I left the lot. The noise I made in the dealership obviously was loud enough to get everyone's attention because I haven't had that problem since.

Yep your deal 4 tires you'd do the labor for free.

Not if we put stickers on your bike we do it for free.

I had my box truck its about 17' long and 9' high did in a full wrap for my work.

The guys that did it came out with a little sticker maybe 3"x3" and asked if they could install it on the van I was like what the heck they did a good job and most of all they asked. Its in the lower left corner of the roll up door and sorry to say its real hard to see less you are looking for it.

The dealer should of just gave you a few stickers and asked you to install them.

I would take them off on the street in front of the dealership so everyone can see and you are not on their property.

When I buy a car I make them take the stickers and liscense plate frame off before I will sign the deal. My father in law bought a new dodge pickup and they had taken off the nice heavy duty factory mudflaps and replaced them wiht their crappy dealership ones, we made then change them out. Bet they were for sale in their parts department.

What would be funny is to take a black market and right sucks under their dealer name on all the stickers and ask hem if they still want to put them on.

I'd peel them off in their parking lot, then maybe stick them to the owner's head. :smirk:

If I were you I would have ripped all the stickers off right then there on the dealer floor.. Then I would have thrown them on the ground and said "There's your trash".

**** that. Unless they pay me, I would not advertise.

I just got a new Subaru, and it had two license plate frame dealer ads, and a sticker on the back under the Subie badge. All three were off before I even got the car home.

I don't go for that crap!

If I saw they had did that i would have told em to peel that crap off right there and then.

That is absolutely striaght out RUDE!!

putting stickers on a customers bike???? this guy is unreal,

never go back there, i would've told him off right then and there.

If I were you I would have ripped all the stickers off right then there on the dealer floor.. Then I would have thrown them on the ground and said "There's your trash".

**** that. Unless they pay me, I would not advertise.

I just got a new Subaru, and it had two license plate frame dealer ads, and a sticker on the back under the Subie badge. All three were off before I even got the car home.

I don't go for that crap!

So did you peel the subie emblem off too? How about you pants label or shoe label. Don't wanna be free advertising from them either!!!

Before the Marines i would have been a bit subdued about it but now days i would have blown up. Much more critical of things like that, i would be yelling and extremely angry.

well this is actually against the law. its destruction of personal property(only if you own it and have a clear title in your name) so you could always threaten to sue