Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F help

I have a 2004 CRF150F and whenever it rides it dies every once in a while. It starts fine runs fine, but then dies for no reason, im going to check the valves, but if anyone else has this problem let me know... i have already put in a new spark plug

I have a 2004 CRF150F and whenever it rides it dies every once in a while. It starts fine runs fine, but then dies for no reason, im going to check the valves, but if anyone else has this problem let me know... i have already put in a new spark plug

When it dies does it slowly bog out, or just fall flat on its face? After it dies does it start right back up, or does it take a while?

It bogs and jumps, then dies almost like its losing fuel, but then it starts right back up with no problem

It bogs and jumps, then dies almost like its losing fuel, but then it starts right back up with no problem

I would check the floats and the float valve in the carburetor. Have you inspected the valve clearances yet?

Just make sure that the valve that the floats open and close is sliding smoothly with no binding or sticking. If it were not working properly it could either cause an overflow of fuel or cause the fuel to be cut off erratically.

Also, when it is working fine, try turning your petcock to "off" and run the carb out of gas to feel if it is the same feeling. If it feels exactly the same then it is likely a fuel delivery problem.

Thanks for the help man, that did it there was a small build up in the valve that i must have over looked. i cleaned it up and the bike is running true once again, thanks again for the help