Best place in the South to spend a vacation ride?

Texas

I am looking to take a few days off for vacation this summer and would like to find a great place to ride/camp. I am not necessarily looking for a fast pace single track camp, rather I am looking for something different with a little bit of everything and maybe some decent scenery. Somewhere to get away, take some pictures, and just relax. I don't mind camping or finding a hotel either.

I am from Houston and would not mind driving somewhere in the 10-15 hour range to my destination. I have considered places in Oklahoma, New Mexico, and North/South Texas so long as they are an awesome place to ride. What is that one place I just have to ride?

Ever been to Red River MC in Bulcher Tx...I went there this past Easter, all I can say is it was an awesome experience. I would recommend at least 5 days for that trip. 1 day travel there and back and 3 days to ride the property. If you have more time it will not be wasted, the property is huge. Also an Rv is the way to go, Muenster (the closest town) is quite small.

Ever been to Red River MC in Bulcher Tx...I went there this past Easter, all I can say is it was an awesome experience. I would recommend at least 5 days for that trip. 1 day travel there and back and 3 days to ride the property. If you have more time it will not be wasted, the property is huge. Also an Rv is the way to go, Muenster (the closest town) is quite small.

This is where they have the LMS correct? I have been told to give this place a try

Agreed, I live 45 minutes outside of Muenster, and get up there every chance I can get. If you do decide to check it out, be sure to schedule your trip during the week so that you wont have to deal with the 4-wheelers crowding the main trails on the weekends. Why they decide to stop in the middle of the trail is beyond me, but when I get held up, they get roosted :smirk: They can chase me all they want, all I have to do is hop over to Bills woods, and I'm gone.

I would choose Bulcher over anywhere else around here. They have a great mix of sand, tight woods, hill climbs, and just good ole fashioned riverbed ripping. You will not be disappointed.

EDIT: Yes, this is where they had LMS, they dont do it now. I can tell you Triple Threat is twice as nasty now as it was back then....lots of it got even more washed, and its just a nightmare...Joshua tree is another good one thats milder now than back then.

Am I missing something or is Bulcher and Muenster the same place?

It was a 100 degrees here in Houston today. It would be nice to see a change of scenery also.

Bulcher and Muenster are the names of the 2 towns near "Red River Motorcycle Trails" location. I believe it is technically in Bulcher. But for some reason, people started calling it Muenster years ago and it just seems to be that way now. You will drive through Muenster to get there, that is about it. And it is definitely one of the best riding places in Texas. I love it and go all the time. It is members only in the week so keep that in mind. I am a member and try to only go weekdays as the weekends often have many atv's and many irresponsible riders with no helmet, and a beer in 1 hand.

If you ride Houston, you will not believe Texas could have such diverse terrain. Huge hill climbs, woods, rocks, etc. It is a lot of fun. The camping is good and they do have spaces with power available. PM me if you are going and want to meet up. I know the place pretty well and have raced there many times. Or if you want to go on a weekday and are not a member.

If you're going to Bulcher I'd suggest hooking up with people who ride there regularly so you don't ride in circles all day. One of the best places ever, but only two parts of the park have one way trails. Barnwell Mountain is great I have heard, along with Hidden Falls by Austin. There is also Talimena on the AR/OK border. You could travel up there and hit Bulcher one day, Crossbar Ranch in Davis,OK the next, then Talimena the next. Now THAT would be a trip haha.

I have never made it to Muenster but have heard nothing but great things about it. Its been around for a long time and it probably one of the best places to ride in this area. Its also TX and July so I would find someplace further that might be a little cooler. Maybe head to Colorado.

Ridng and camping in the Cherokee National Forest (East TN/western NC) could be a nice change of scenery. You can catch rainbow trout while camping along Citico Creek...lots of gravel FS roads...in the mountaiins.

There are bears also.

Or, http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Same general area and scenery.