kx85/100 top end

has any one done a top end due to broken rings or broken or cracked piston and not split the case to find the broken ring or piston parts. is there any other way to check and see if there is any hidden pieces w/o splitting case. has anyone used compressed air to blow out any loose debrit.

NO. You can not cheap out on this one, you are going to have crap stuck in the lower end bearings it needs to come apart.

im rebuilding my 97 kx 100 searching for top end gasket kit and rings advice on locating these parts is thanked

You need to split the cases. I have done this for a broken piston skirt once and for rings twice. Never found anything but I'll do it again if it comes up. Just think of the consequences if you don't.

i just put it together last w/e. ran it for a couple min. then,,,, the parts of the old ring came through and cracked the piston and dinged up the head and no i do not want to have to do this all over again. but i also don't want to split the cases either. but i guess i have to. dangit!!!!!!!!!!

i just put it together last w/e. ran it for a couple min. then,,,, the parts of the old ring came through and cracked the piston and dinged up the head and no i do not want to have to do this all over again. but i also don't want to split the cases either. but i guess i have to. dangit!!!!!!!!!!

Dangit!...if only you had listened to the people who replied to your thread.

split the dam cases :ride: